Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Zone control

Default Zone control

Waiting on the new boat to come in but picking up addons before it gets here. I went ahead and got the bow speakers and sub option which should be on one amp and then the rev 10s and amp for the tower. I wild like to be able to control the sub, in boats, and tower independently of each other. I was looking at the wetsounds eq. I know there are two models. Would I need 3 separate amps to get this to work as I want or can it be done with the 2 amps?

Technically, you will have 3 amp. The in-boat amp has a dedicated sub-woofer amp and a 4 chnl full-range amp all in one chassis. You can even take it a step further, and go with the 4 zone Wet Sounds WS-220 and make the bow speakers zone #4.

Yes, there are several Wetsounds EQ models. You have a choice between a strict zone controller or an EQ. The 420SQ is a triple-zone controller but is also unique in that it has independent equalizer circuits for tower and in-boat zones. So two full EQs in a single chassis. This allows you to custom tailor one zone without impacting the other. Very useful.

Your Mojo will come with two amps from factory to power all components if you got the top package and yes you can add a zone controller. If you want separate EQ for tower and inboats, go 420SQ. If you don't want the EQ functions but 4 zones, go with the 220BT But you won't want to use the BT part of the 220. You will use the Fusion's BT if you want BT.
    Most do the 420SQ in your situation to be honest...
    Last edited by TrueKaotik; 04-10-2017 at 04:01 PM.

In a stand alone BT module, most everyone I know in the biz has had great performance from the JL Audio @ $39. However, that new Wetsounds WW-BT-UR module looks very promising.

Can I use the Bluetooth from the fusion with either wetsounds eq or bt?

Quote Originally Posted by 98outback View Post
    Can I use the Bluetooth from the fusion with either wetsounds eq or bt?
    sure can. music comes in to the eq same as if it was tuner, cd, usb, sat.

I was going to start a separate thread on this, however, it appears to fit into the current flow quite well. The input for the WS 420SQ or 420BT is a single pair of RCA jacks (Left and Right). Most all head units are at least Front and Rear (4 RCA plugs), some include Front, Rear, and SUB (6 RCA Plugs). In either of those cases, how do you guys have them hooked up? Pick either Front or Rear channel from head unit and ignore the others?

My main concern is if I pick a H/U that contains specific SUB outputs, how will that interact with the WS420BT? Obviously you would lose the H/U's control of the SUB volume, but do you need to 100% bias the output to the RCA's you picked to hook up to the WS unit?
    2008 OBV
    325 EFI with closed cooling
    Gravity III with 750's in the rear, 400 stock floor, 750 IBS
    Servo valve ballast upgrade
    Wetsounds Rev10
    JL Amps, WS420BT

2000 Outback LS <-- Sold!!!
    310 Carb Direct Drive
    800# Rear Locker
    750# IBS (should have kept this for the OBV)
    Dual Batteries with 2 Bank Charger System
    Kenwood Head with Remotes
    Too many hours restoring exterior from prior negligence to count!

Normally you use the HU front RCA output and remain full fade to the front. The EQ provides all independent zone level controls, in-boat, tower, & sub, plus a master volume control.

Pick either Front or Rear channel from head unit and ignore the others?
    Yep, thats it. Just make sure its not faded to the opposite of what you choose.

My main concern is if I pick a H/U that contains specific SUB outputs, how will that interact with the WS420BT?
    I cant tell you the last time I came across a head unit that had only sub RCAs out and not full range. Even without an EQ or similar, I prefer a full range output into a sub amp. With a quality woofer amp, we rarely need to use the head unit for our filters. Let the amp do it. With an EQ/zone volume device, we still want our sub amp to do the filtering. The WS-420/220 does our volume control as intended, so nothing needed to be controlled at the head unit, sub wise.