Default Impeller replacement

I have a 2008 Supra Launch 22SSV with the Indmar 325. I want to replace the impeller this spring and it is the first time I will be doing it (just bought the boat in September 2016). Could I get the correct impeller replacement (I believe it is Johnson #09-812B) but wanted to make sure before I ordered it. I called a local dealer, but they wanted the serial number from the engine to confirm. The boat is still shrink wrapped, so I don't have anyway to get to it right now. Also, has anyone used the impeller puller? Is it worth it to buy it as well?

Yes. This is the right one. This page confirms for you:

https://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=276

I have not used a puller but those who have swear by them. I usually just spray lubricant in there, bump the engine over to loosen it after the cover is off (don't start it) and then pull it with a needle nose or paint can lid remover or both. Some swear by the locking needle nose pliers.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

That's the correct impeller. Just changed mine on my 08 LSV with the same motor. You can get it on amazon for like 35 bucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I've changed impellers with and without the puller. without, you need to spray silicone in there and possibly bump the engine. the first impeller I did was totally mangled by my needle nose vice grips. And it took way longer than it should have and I was way more frustrated than I should have been.

So I bought an impeller puller. It's so much easier. Yeah, they're kind of expensive for what they are, but if I had to do it over I'd still buy it. Having the right tool for the job made it way easier. And it's still cheaper than paying a dealer to do that stuff for ya.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

spray with silicone, bump engine, it will start to roll out, then use 2 paint can openers to pull it out.
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold