Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default 2007 LSV Vapor Lock?

Don't have a picture but you are right. It is on the starboard side of the motor at the corner towards the bow. There are two cylindrical units close to each other (back to back fuel pumps) and plumbed to each other and then into the motor. The oil filter is also cylindrical and mounted above the fuel pumps, towards the top of the motor. Find the oil filter and look directly below it for the fuel pumps.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

My boat is an 08. It has two fuel pump right beside each other. I am in the process of relocating the low pressure pump to the V-Drive area right by fuel tank hoping this will solve my issue. These low pressure pumps are designed to push fuel and not really suck fuel over a distance. It was recommended that it should be placed "Before" the fuel filter.

Quote Originally Posted by JHutch View Post
    My boat is an 08. It has two fuel pump right beside each other. I am in the process of relocating the low pressure pump to the V-Drive area right by fuel tank hoping this will solve my issue. These low pressure pumps are designed to push fuel and not really suck fuel over a distance. It was recommended that it should be placed "Before" the fuel filter.
    Let us know how this goes. I have wondered about this as well. I think someone else has tried this and it didn't help, but that is a foggy memory- I could be wrong. I know in the newer boats, the factory moved the fuel pump into the fuel tank and submerged it. This keeps the line and pump cool and doesn't allow the vapor bubble to form from the heat sink effect.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

That is essentially what I hope will happen by moving the pump. Those Carter pumps are designed to push more than vacuum. I am hoping even if it still boils in the line by the high pressure the pump will push fuel to it.

Not sure what part of the lake we were on. It the house was over the top, great boat house to dock our boat. Water was cold, about 60 degrees, but we all got in with wet suite on. Weather was in the high 70's, not bad for Spring Break!

I had this same problem living in AZ. I found the oil hose rubbing against the fuel pump causing the fuel to vaporize. I zipped tied the hose away from the fuel pump and the problem went away. Take a look

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2007 Moomba LSV

It's a good day when a zip-tie fixes the issue.