Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default 2007 LSV Vapor Lock?

On lake Norris TN today, temps in the high 70, ran boat most of day, let boat sit for 45 minutes, tried to start back up & ran very rough...coughing etc, shut it off, opened engine compartment for an hour, came back, started right up & ran fine. Could this be vapor lock? Any suggested fixes. Just bought the boat a few weeks ago, other than this issue it runs great! Thanks Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Sedlak View Post
    On lake Norris TN today, temps in the high 70, ran boat most of day, let boat sit for 45 minutes, tried to start back up & ran very rough...coughing etc, shut it off, opened engine compartment for an hour, came back, started right up & ran fine. Could this be vapor lock? Any suggested fixes. Just bought the boat a few weeks ago, other than this issue it runs great! Thanks Pat
    Probably, are you running cheap gas with ethanol? That's a no no..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Sedlak View Post
    Definately vapor lock. All you need to do is keep an empty water bottle on the boat. Fill it with lake water and pour on fuel pump. I do that twice and I'm good to go.

If I know I'm going to be sitting for a while, I will let the fan run for quite a while and even open up the engine hatch to let the heat escape, if it's not too inconvenient.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Quote Originally Posted by moombahighrider View Post
    Definately vapor lock. All you need to do is keep an empty water bottle on the boat. Fill it with lake water and pour on fuel pump. I do that twice and I'm good to go.

If I know I'm going to be sitting for a while, I will let the fan run for quite a while and even open up the engine hatch to let the heat escape, if it's not too inconvenient.
    Fans are cheap, we would run the fan from the time we launched to the time we loaded. Also, found this really helped on my 06 LSV, the fuel pump and oil lines were touching each other. took zip ties and pulled the oil lines away from the fuel pump, even that 1/2 inch space helped.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

You might still have some of last year's fuel too. A few new tanks and it might get a lot better. Some stabil might help.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Could be old gas + heat that lead to vapor lock. On our 06 LSV and 07 XLV we had to run the blower to keep it from happening. We used to get it once a season on Norris as I'm head headed. It was usually when we would run a long distance then dock or drop anchor. We have done the water bottle or when pulling into the no wake for the marinas flip the blower on. What part of Norris are you on? We are on the north side by the cedar creek bridge (aka jump bridge)

Happened to my buddy as well on his 2007 LSV. I think he remedied the problem for good by getting some type of insulating / heat reflecting tape or wrap on the fuel line.
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

Not sure what part of the lake we were on. It the house was over the top, great boat house to dock our boat. Water was cold, about 60 degrees, but we all got in with wet suite on. Weather was in the high 70's, not bad for Spring Break!

Thanks for the reply. This was our first trip with our Moomba, just bought it. Can u shoot a picture of the fuel pump. Think I located it, it is a round calendar right?

Default 2007 LSV Vapor Lock?

Don't have a picture but you are right. It is on the starboard side of the motor at the corner towards the bow. There are two cylindrical units close to each other (back to back fuel pumps) and plumbed to each other and then into the motor. The oil filter is also cylindrical and mounted above the fuel pumps, towards the top of the motor. Find the oil filter and look directly below it for the fuel pumps.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro