Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: April Thread

Default April Thread

Made it out yesterday. Skied and wakeboarded. Water temp 68 degrees. Anyone else making it out now?
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

Beautiful day on the water in SC. Didn't ride, just taking a nice run around.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition
    6.2L Raptor power
    1100's and Flow
    Acme 1847

2003 Wakesetter xTi - sold

Still garage boating for me. At least I can knock out one of my mods. With 17 cup holders it turned into a bigger job than initially thought.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

Made it out three consecutive weekends. Finally got my new wakeboard, so got some sets in this weekend. Also surfed. All without a wetty. This last weekend was beautiful. Water temp 75 air 80's.
    2016 Craz
    1979 Ski Nautique

Still garage boating for me as well. Finished up my stereo yesterday and hope to get on the water next weekend for break in hours. Still too chilly to get in but it'll be nice to be on the water.
    Boatless for now

So, we had Friday off work and it was gonna be clear and sunny in the PNW. I de-winterized the boat on Wednesday evening and felt ready to go for Friday. Still haven't gotten around to installing the airbags on the truck yet. (never ending list of mods)
    <technically this happened in March, but I'll post it here because of "part 2" of the story>

The water level is really high.

From the crest of the boat ramp, there's very little downhill before we hit the water. Last there were days we couldn't use the ramp because the water was too low, and we definitely aren't seeing that now.

One of the walkways to our dock is underwater (and the dock is full of debris brought in from the current).

This is a walking path that goes in front of these waterfront condos, and part of the path is closed because it's under water.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

The "shakedown" run took a turn. The cover on the Raw water pump blew off. I guess when I changed the impeller before the winter, the screws must not have gotten tightened beyond finger tight. I could see the raw water pump cover plate in the bilge, but knew the 4 screws would take some effort to find, so we took a tow from a fishing boat back to the dock.

I had to get a couple new plastic elbow fittings for where the hoses attach to the top of the manifold. Surprisingly I found all 4 raw water pump screws in the bilge, so I put things back together. I changed the oil (needed to do that anyway) and ran it off the garden hose at home. Then we put the boat back in the water Sunday (now we're in "April" territory).

Aside from a squeak that materialized, the engine seems just fine. I think I've isolated the squeak to the circulation pump and have a new one on order that should arrive in a couple days.

Despite weather in the 50's, we were happy to have a functioning boat--since the consequences of the "shakedown" run could have been a lot worse than a couple fittings and a circulation pump.
    April 2nd:

With me healing from my knee injury and the wife healing from rotator cuff surgery, we didn't play in the water. it wasn't that smooth anyway. Oh, and how does a water temp of 49 degrees sound?
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I take it you also found the O-ring.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    I take it you also found the O-ring.
    Mine doesn't use an o-ring, it uses the white foam gasket. And yes, the gasket was still attached to the cover. And it was in perfect shape. It sealed right back up with no leaks.

And I still have my previous impeller with gasket as a backup.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

We did a little spring cleaning. Had a drink in the boat on the driveway!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Attached Images Attached Images