Default Recommendations for securing seats and bimini question

Just got a new Mondo. Noticed that only the back seat cushions have straps to attach? Should I be concerned about other cushions flying out while towing with no cover?

Also have a aviator tower and bimini top. Probably missing something but sales guy said to remove bimini each time for towing. Gotta be a way to fold and secure to the tower. Noticed some lower mounts on the tower, was wondering if that was part of the solution.

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by coneslager View Post
    Just got a new Mondo. Noticed that only the back seat cushions have straps to attach? Should I be concerned about other cushions flying out while towing with no cover?

Also have a aviator tower and bimini top. Probably missing something but sales guy said to remove bimini each time for towing. Gotta be a way to fold and secure to the tower. Noticed some lower mounts on the tower, was wondering if that was part of the solution.

TIA
    Your bikini didn't come with a sleeve to fold it into & tie up when your towing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

Never have a problem with side or front cushions moving while towing. Almost lost back ones on the way home from dealer when I picked up the boat. Always strap those while towing.
    James
    2014 Mondo
    93 Four Winns 180 Freedom Sold

I found the cover, but in the current positions there is now way to secure. Wondering now if I put the main poles in the lower mounts.

You say new Mondo, but what year? They changed the bimini mount on the new models (2017) but the previous aviator bimini does have separate mounts for storing/towing (lower mount) and for opening/using (upper mount). Our dealer walked us through the process as it does take a few times to get used to it and it definitely helps to have a second pair of hands. Here are some pics of my 2015 Aviator Bimini.

Towing.jpgRiding.jpg

As for the seats, similar to what other people have said, the only issue we had was one time with the rear cushions not being strapped and almost coming out. The other cushions have never moved out of place "knock on wood"
    2015 Mondo
    1997 Monterey 196 (gone but not forgotten)

You are awesome....that's it! Its is a new 15 that had not be sold, purchased over the winter and just picked it up. Was wondering about the those lower mounts!!!

Thanks

Noticed that only the back seat cushions have straps to attach? Should I be concerned about other cushions flying out while towing with no cover?
    I've only had problems with the bow filler cushion. I always stash that one under the helm with the booster seat on top of it.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

What are the two black straps at the front of the bimini for ? I put the top up and they are just hanging down.
    2016 Mondo Surf Edition

Pretty sure you hook them onto something next to the windshield. At least that's how it looks in pictures.
    Boatless for now

The straps go to the front cleats. ZI have never used them and was head on in 20mph wind today doing 25 mph. I cut mine off after second time out.
    Work to live!!
    2015 mondo
    Aviator tower
    Auto flow
    94 rinker 180 gone