Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Craz vs MB Tomcat F22

Looked at a beautiful craz this week. Almost 70k! Seen a f22 tomcat on lake last year and it was huge and talk of the 40 boats on the sand bar. I went for a ride this morning, froze by butt off, but off, but a monster surf curl with 400 lbs of ballast we ran and an awesome rolled over wake for wakeboarding like the malibu is known for.

Haven't seen a craze wake but heard they are great wakesurf but so so on wakeboard wake.

Has anyone seen them first hand and rode them?

Same raptor power and they are willing to be super aggressive on price where they can grab market share and say they won't be under sold to have the opportunity to get on lakes they are not.

Any feedback appreciated
    Northern Mondo Owner
    2015 with the Auto Flow

What happens in a few years if they leave the market? This would be one of my concerns. Other than that haven't heard good or bad about them. Market is getting tight I would make a deal soon. Showed my Mondo this afternoon and now have a deposit pending bank approval. Sale price withing $1 of my asking price.

Default Craz vs MB Tomcat F22

Out of the box the Tomcat will be better surf wise. The craz needs some weight, minimum 1100s in rear. A few on this forum even get the Enzo sack and it fits.

Tomcat just needs to be dialed in. It comes stock with 2800lbs + you can get PnP 1100s factory.

Both will surf great, both look great & both priced reasonably well for the 22' market.

Test drive both but make sure you bring extra weight for the craz cause I guarantee you won't like it stock.

Then it comes down to what you like more, traditional bow or pickle fork with a monster play pen area. Both run the same motor & both have great fit & finish. MB will give you more custom options when it comes to gel & vinyl. Craz will be a little less money. Either way both are great boats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

You have motor and glass weight almost the same..same as helix through mojo. It is all hype and what your willing to get raked over the coals for. Besides tower change and reverse seat the mondo is the same and within 2k of craz but want me to pay 11k more in 2 years! LMAO.

Not a boat that is starting at 20 ft that doesn't need min of 3300 lbs to have good surf wake. It is all fluid dynamics and volume. I would be expecting to custom the craz or tomcat to 4500 lbs and pic up the most aggressive prop to push it. Love seeing everyone ride their bows high saying they don't want a long wake but want height. Sack it sick and bury the bow and any 22 ft boat should be 4500 lbs if you have only 3 or 4 buds in boat so you get height and length. We didn't drop over 50k to compromise. Just prop it correctly to take care of your engine

Leaning towards the tomcat. Size and look on water blew away anything on the lake. They even fixed the ugly tower that looked like Jesse ventura wearing metal suit in running man.

Talked to guys in Michigan and they said a tomcat dealer is in the works for central wisconsin so game on!
    Northern Mondo Owner
    2015 with the Auto Flow

I wonder if the MB guys like the Moomba on their forum lol
    2002 Supra Santera (SOLD)
    2017 Moomba Mojo Pro Vivid Orange
    (1595lb wakemakers in the lockers)

Quote Originally Posted by northern mondo owner View Post
    You have motor and glass weight almost the same..same as helix through mojo. It is all hype and what your willing to get raked over the coals for. Besides tower change and reverse seat the mondo is the same and within 2k of craz but want me to pay 11k more in 2 years! LMAO.
    You want them to sell a new boat for less than you paid 2 years ago? Personally, I'm happy to see the value of the Moomba increasing.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

You did not read my cost comparison between models and increase in price.

I'm not an MB owner. At this time I'm a none owner.

You like price going up why? Unless your a dealer.

What if they sold a supra for 10 dollars. Would you sell your boat cause it's lost value?
    Noone buys boats for investment. It is pure money for joy value.

Not much different than the guys who say they wrote out a check for 100k for a boat.
    If you wrote 100k check out instead of investing and having those returns pay for the boat and still have the 100k well I don't see the logic.

Read what I sent on model price comparison and then new price
    Northern Mondo Owner
    2015 with the Auto Flow

Just asking for a wake comparison and feedback. If the response came feom an MB user where are the craze pics of how it looks. Noone denied the response as well.

We all nonledtover model mojo go for 63 to 65 . We all know they still aren't taking a loss on a factory build of 40s.

Not blaming someone for making a buck either. That is good ol capitalism.

At a certain point you have more options and was looking for the comparison and pics to keep me as a moomba owner. Did that mojo you buy run you 63? New left over is...youn lost value and not gained. It's just if it's your color or look. But left over 63 to 65 not used. Tell me you paid less and have no hours on and I'll agree you paid less that a new left over.

Let's be blunt...besides minor cost savings changes....the year says 16 and not 17 on most boata..bikes..cars...trucks
    Northern Mondo Owner
    2015 with the Auto Flow

"but want me to pay 11k more in 2 years" .... I read as you have/had a 2015 mondo and the 2017 craz is 11k more than you paid for the 2015 Mondo 2 years ago. The price jump in Moomba between models is approximately 2-3k for each model size increase.

So minimum 2k makes up for the difference between Mondo and Craz. The other 9k increase is due to Moomba increasing pricing each year. No?

I didn't say I bought my boat as investment ... I didn't say I wrote a check for my boat ...

I do, however, prefer to lose as little as possible when it comes time to sell. If Moomba's prices went down I wouldn't have a chance of getting anywhere near what I paid. With them going up in price, I stand to lose less money when it comes time for resell. As prices increase on the new models, the prices for used boats creep up also.

Ex: the past 5 years of the boat market have seen a drastic increase in new boat prices. I bought a used Supra in 2010. I put 450 hours on it and sold it in 2016. I sold it for more than I paid for it 6 years prior. No, I didn't buy it as an investment. I bought it for joy. But it did make me happy that I didn't lose money on it. I understand that won't happen again but I do like minimizing depreciation.

I'm not a dealer and no I wouldn't sell my boat because it lost value.

"If you wrote 100k check out instead of investing and having those returns pay for the boat and still have the 100k well I don't see the logic." .... while I understand the premise of where you are heading .... it doesn't seem realistic.

Ex: Borrowing 100k is going to cost you 4.5% annually in interest. If you can earn more than 4.5% on your money, sure it makes since to investment elsewhere because interest income > interest expense, so you come out slightly ahead and maintain the flexibility of having cash on hand.

However, to maintain your 100k principle ("those returns pay for the boat and still have the 100k well I don't see the logic"), you will need to create income of 1,000 per month (assuming a 10 year loan at 4.5%) from your 100k principle. That means a return on your 100k of 12% year after year for 10 years.

If you can point me to where I can conservatively earn 12% on investments while paying the bank 4.5%, I'll read that too.
    Last edited by KG's Supra24; 04-02-2017 at 04:43 PM.
    2016 Moomba Mojo

My originally point, though, was that I would see increasing prices as good, not bad, for resale.

I think resale is one of the things Moomba is likely better than the MB on. Moomba is more widely recognized due to the volume of boats they produce in comparison to MB and have a much larger dealer network.
    2016 Moomba Mojo