Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Great thread!

Practice docking and retrieving the boat and riders as often as you can until its second nature to you as well as anyone else that will be at the helm of your boat.

Don't forget to reinstall the drain plug.

Learning proper launch etiquette is very important.

If you see someone that looks like they need assistance, ask if they're ok. It really sucks paddling a 5000lb boat back to the dock while boats rip past you without stopping.
    2002 Supra Santera (SOLD)
    2017 Moomba Mojo Pro Vivid Orange
    (1595lb wakemakers in the lockers)

Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post

If you see someone that looks like they need assistance, ask if they're ok. It really sucks paddling a 5000lb boat back to the dock while boats rip past you without stopping.
    Good Point! I have been towed in and I have towed others in. Last boat I towed in wasn't even worth what one of my surf boards costs. Was getting dark and most boats kept going by these people. We threw them a rope, turned on the tunes and made a party of it.

The one thing I have noticed over the many years of boating is people have either become very rude and or selfish thinking they're the only ones that matter. As boaters we are a community no matter what your background or current boat is. Remember to lookout for other Supra and Moomba's on the water, good chance they could be a member of this forum.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post

Don't do power turns

!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Thanks, good stuff! wondering exactly what a power turn is. Would that be doing a turn when taking off full throttle?
    When you're towing a rider (or tube or whatever), many boaters have a natural desire to turn around a full throttle (turning while under power = power turn) and sprint back to their rider.

Not only does it mess up the water for everyone else, it messes up the smooth water for YOUR rider too! And it's really not gaining you anything other than the frustration of anyone else around that has to now deal with your waves that weren't necessary. It's safer to just ease off throttle and come back to your rider at idle. They're not going anywhere and the 2 seconds longer it'll take won't matter.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Do: keep sunscreen, extra towels, sweatshirts, etc. and a tool kit on the boat
    Dont: ever litter or permit your guests to do so
    Do: explain limited storage space to your guests and consolidate coolers BEFORE you launch
    Dont: be THAT guy!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    When you're towing a rider (or tube or whatever), many boaters have a natural desire to turn around a full throttle (turning while under power = power turn) and sprint back to their rider.

Not only does it mess up the water for everyone else, it messes up the smooth water for YOUR rider too! And it's really not gaining you anything other than the frustration of anyone else around that has to now deal with your waves that weren't necessary. It's safer to just ease off throttle and come back to your rider at idle. They're not going anywhere and the 2 seconds longer it'll take won't matter.
    Gotcha! Good stuff to keep in mind.
    2017 Moomba Craz
    Max Surf edition
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X

Quote Originally Posted by sivs1 View Post
    Good Point! I have been towed in and I have towed others in. Last boat I towed in wasn't even worth what one of my surf boards costs. Was getting dark and most boats kept going by these people. We threw them a rope, turned on the tunes and made a party of it.

The one thing I have noticed over the many years of boating is people have either become very rude and or selfish thinking they're the only ones that matter. As boaters we are a community no matter what your background or current boat is. Remember to lookout for other Supra and Moomba's on the water, good chance they could be a member of this forum.
    I definitely would want someone to help me.
    2017 Moomba Craz
    Max Surf edition
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X

This is really good stuff! Taking notes for sure. So far it seems the boat community (this forum) are great people and always out to help. Thank you and keep it coming.
    2017 Moomba Craz
    Max Surf edition
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X

Quote Originally Posted by Prospersigman View Post
    1st rule...DON"T FORGET THE DRAIN PLUGS!!! Sounds obvious, but it has happened to even the most of us at least once.
    Second this^^

Some tense moments when the bilge kicks on and you wonder why for about 10 seconds then oh ***** sets in. Lol. Still remember it vividly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

When loading boat don't power all the way up. I always winch the last few feet. It takes practice to figure out how far to back trailer in for loading and launching. Have fun stay safe.
    James
    2014 Mondo
    93 Four Winns 180 Freedom Sold

Do not get ready at the ramp. Too many boaters pull in line just to unload the truck and start prepping and loading the boat. This slows everything down. Be ready to launch when you pull in line.

Do not put your wife in the truck and have her back the trailer for the first time at the ramp! Many marriages have failed by doing this. I back our boat almost to the water and my wife jumps in for the remaining 20 feet straight back. Works perfectly every time and no stress. When we load I back the trailer and she loads the boat.

Depending on your ramp a good rule is to submerge you trailer fenders so the front is about two inches underwater. As mentioned before do not power load your boat. If it won't winch the back the trailer a few more feet.

Most importantly remember to relax and have a good time. Many on the ramp will help if asked. I have put many boats in the water for newer boaters.

Congrats and enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk