Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by loc82 View Post
    I'm upgrading to JL8.8 tower x 2 6 mx650 in the boat x 6 and a 12JLW6. I do plan on sitting at the sandbar on occasion and would like to have an extended battery life around 4 hours for music. Should I do 2 upgraded batteries or keep the two stock batteries and add a 3rd? Thank you
    Are you Upgrading amplifiers as well? To what if so?

Quote Originally Posted by TrueKaotik View Post
    Are you Upgrading amplifiers as well? To what if so?
    yes i'll be upgrading those as well. JL M1000/5v2 and JL M600/6
    2016 Moomba Mojo

Which types of battery
    Hi, I am a blogger. I blogs at Bestdigideal and also have micro niche blogs.

Run 2 D27 batteries parallel for your house bank and this will give you the run time you seek.

I run 3 batteries. one is a "backup" so I don't get stranded. They are isolated with a perko switch. 2 of them for the "battery 1" setting and the other for the "battery 2" setting.

For simplicity, I have all 3 the same. I got the Walmart Everstart Maxx deep cycle group 29's. They are under $100ea and while I don't "need" a deep cycle for by backup/starting battery, it has enough CCA to start the boat just fine. Each of them is rated with a reserve capacity of 114 minutes.

Sure, I could be running AGM batteries and go with Optima or Oddessey, but for the money, I went with what will do the job and won't break the bank. Cost Effective!

If you don't want to switch out your battery box, you'd probably go with a group 27 instead. They were almost the same price.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Has anyone thought about using two 6 volt batteries for the house bank?
    2002 Supra Santera (SOLD)
    2017 Moomba Mojo Pro Vivid Orange
    (1595lb wakemakers in the lockers)

I'd recommend the 2-6 volt battery if you have the space and handle the weight. I have a DD so I don't have a separate battery. I have used that configuration in my motor homes for the last 20 years and the golf cart batteries work best for accessories.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

6v golf cart batteries can be a cost effective way to get a lot of Ah. They can take some abuse, but do require frequent maintenance.

Another 6v user here. 2 6v for house and 1 12v for crank.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Another 6v user here. 2 6v for house and 1 12v for crank.
    Since I have the two stock interstate batteries onboard can I run those together in one bank and add two 6V as my house bank? Or would it make more sense to get a third interstate battery and run it in parallel in bank 2 as the house bank.
    2016 Moomba Mojo