Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by loc82 View Post
    Since I have the two stock interstate batteries onboard can I run those together in one bank and add two 6V as my house bank? Or would it make more sense to get a third interstate battery and run it in parallel in bank 2 as the house bank.
    I ran 3 12v in the previous boat and never had a problem. I did not order the Mojo with dual batteries so adding 2 6v made sense for me. Unless you spend a ton of time with the boat off playing music, I don't think 3 12v's will let you down. 4 batteries will take up some space.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Essentially a warm weather sport and a small block motor. I see no benefit in doubling up the two starting batteries. Either a) add one more identical 12V for a total of three, or b) remove one 12V and add the two 6V (recommended by many above).
    There are schemes that have two identical banks, each consisting of two 12V deep cycles, so four total batteries. The idea is to alternate the role of the two banks each weekend, or normal interval, thereby limiting the number of deep cycles per each bank and extending the lifespan of the entire battery system. As mentioned above, any plan with four batteries consumes considerable space.

I need to replace my battery on my 2011 moomba and was looking at this add a battery kit. Is this a reasonable way to go?

Quote Originally Posted by Dymond View Post
    I need to replace my battery on my 2011 moomba and was looking at this add a battery kit. Is this a reasonable way to go?
    Depends on what you are after. The DCP switch and ACR is a great setup for its manual/passive operation. But, its hard to beat the simplicity of a basic 1/2/BOTH switch. For small to moderate sized house banks, the DCP/ACR setup works great. For all sized house banks, the basic switch works great, especially for larger house banks.

Thanks. It's a factory stereo and pumps, but we sit and use the stereo a lot so I think the DCP/ACR route would suit us best. How about battery recommendations?

A standard group-24 marine cranking will be fine for the starter side. id go with a group-29 marine deep-cycle for the house side.

I have 2 batteries
    instagram
    Mine -Crazy888smokey
    The Moomba's -SauceySacs

Youtube -George Henry

2017 Moomba Helix
    Just a guy & boat & girl & a couple of Fat Sac's & a ton of BEER ...trying to surf!!

I run 2 batteries with a perko switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz
    2007 LSV - Sold
    2003 Outback - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Dymond View Post
    I added this system this spring. It's working well so far. I did not wire up the optional SI circuit.
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods

I’m just about to purchase this bad boy JUST to run my audio. All boat etc will be run from the starter battery.

Battery

http://www.enerdrive.com.au/product/...thium-battery/

DC to DC charter

http://www.enerdrive.com.au/product/...rger-40a-plus/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk