Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Replacing tower speakers

Just purchased a 2014 mojo and I'm not a fan of the Roswell speaker light bar. Would like to put a couple speakers that mount In the side of the tower to gain head space. Any recommendations? I was thinking a pair of exile speakers.

I would suggest keeping a single pair of speaker mounted as high as possible. The lower the speaker is mounted on the tower uprights, the more dominant it is to the passengers, especially any seated aft of said speaker.

Depending on your goals, wake range, surf/party cove, best at both, there are great options from other such as Kicker, JL and Wet Sounds. There are options to mount on the OEM spots or or in an non-OEM option. Swivel/disconnect as well as fixed tube clamping options. LEDs (RGB or single color), white or black pods and in some cases, different grill color options.

Might as well factor a new amp. IIRC, the factory amp is even WAY too lite for even the OEM 6.5" speakers. Id like to see them with 2 to 3 X the wattage of the OEM amp. Ample wattage to a tower pod is crucial to its performance.

I'm a big fan of the kicker 8" speakers. for the price point you can't beat them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by wiegs1 View Post
    Just purchased a 2014 mojo and I'm not a fan of the Roswell speaker light bar. Would like to put a couple speakers that mount In the side of the tower to gain head space. Any recommendations? I was thinking a pair of exile speakers.
    I agree with this recommendation....the higher the speaker location on the tower, the better it will be for the rear occupants. So whether on the vertical or horizontal section of the tower, try to find a location that is highest and widest. And perhaps that location will be suitable for head clearance.

The tower on the 2014 is pretty low. If you go with good sized speakers you can put on outside. I have seen several pictures on here that way. I can attest that 4 xm 9's and a full boat will produce some cuss words and bruises.

Also correct is the ear pain on rear passengers. Might think about avoiding horn speakers.

2017 Supra SA

Exile has a demo deal on sxt9q surf speakers. Just put two of those near the outside of the tower will do the trick.

What tower? If it's the one I think it is, your fine doing them on the inner top corners of each side. Speaker brand is your choice but nothing beats a pair of Rev10's...

I just bought JL 8.8 tower speakers with the led's for $725 from ABT electronics in Glenview,IL. I spoke to the sales guy about honoring that price for other people now that the sale is over and he said yes. let me know if you're interested. They are an authorized JL dealer. regular price is $1099 or around 900-1000 on sale.
    2016 Moomba Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by BrettLee3232 View Post
    I'm a big fan of the kicker 8" speakers. for the price point you can't beat them.

Just ordered 1 pair of kicker speakers. Would like 4 eventually but not wanting to spend the cash right now. I am debating on the amp to go with. Should I go for the 4 channel amp right now or just a 2 channel? Kicker has a nice 2 channel amp that will power them nicely.