Thread: trailer brakes

Default trailer brakes

does anyone know a quick fix for the reverse lights on the boatmatetrailers with led lights. My circuit is not completing and I can not back up. without some crafty engineering on the surge brakes it is stuck. Dealer will make me miss a weekend to fix it. Although they knocked the light out when they had it for service how bout that.

Default Replying to Topic 'trailer brakes'

if you have a four prong on your tow vehichle you can reverse the plug and only connect the three round prongs, leaving the square covered prong un attached. Do flip it first so that the square ends are 5 spaces apart. Then turn on your park lights in the car.... this is how I back.
    I mess with Texas

Default Replying to Topic 'trailer brakes'

If I'm reading it right, you already have the correct wiring and it just isn't working. If that't the case, get a test light and see if you have power to the reverse pin on your tow vehicle when you put it in reverse. If there's no power to the pin, it's your vehicle. If there is power it's your trailer. If it's the vehicle, just pull one of the tail lights out and hook a wire into the reverse light. Run the wiring down to your harness and replace the old reverse wire.