Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Not a bad though or approach by any means. With a quality amp and decent run of the mill RCAs, noise into the RCA from running close to power cables, is rare.

Are your amps wired battery direct? the fused distribution block is a good distance from the main battery switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Broke Pilot View Post
    So you're saying just flip it 180* and put all the connectors facing down towards the other amps? I thought about that but I did everything I could to keep the power and rca's away from each other.
    And I do have the cover on it, I hadn't gotten around to retuning everything just yet.

Thanks general... I'm very pleased with it. Not too happy with the head unit though. I lost a lot of adjustment. There's no bass/mid/treble adjustments. And it does a lot of stuff that the instructions don't cover. I'm probly gonna need to take it somewhere to have it tuned.

And if anyone needs a factory Kenwood deck and remote from an 06 SSV let me know. Mine still work great.
    Interesting that your Kenwood HU doesn't have these features as we install quite a few. Which one is it by chance?
    Basically you want the HU EQ and others (i.e. Loud, etc.) flat or off before the initial tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Not a bad though or approach by any means. With a quality amp and decent run of the mill RCAs, noise into the RCA from running close to power cables, is rare.

Are your amps wired battery direct? the fused distribution block is a good distance from the main battery switch.
    Yes the amps are powered off the accessory battery directly. It's about a 12" run from the battery to the distribution block. I used another block not fused, for the ground wires also.
    I don't have any noise, nevervhave except for the wake plate. When you run the plate you get a pop through the speakers.

The hu is the kenwood kmr-m318bt... no CD player. I love it. The sound quality so far is amazing even with no custom eq. With everything flat, my only issue is my subs are so quiet until you run the volume up to 25+ out of 35. It's like the volume isn't a linear increase, it's more parabolic in how it comes in.
    If I want to hear any bass at normal volume in the boat I have to either hit the bass boost on the hu or the loudness mode. Both of which I don't like to use
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

Do this to kill the wakeplate pop. You mounts the caps,right near the wakeplate lever at the helm. I had the same issue and this stopped it. It's super easy to do

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

I found that the pop is only with the engine off. Doesn't do it with the motor running, which is fine cus that's the only time you should be using it! Lol
    Only reason I noticed when building the stereo is I bumped the lever with the stereo on.
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400