Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default While I had some spare time after the trailer work...

Finally got some stereo work done to give me some more storage space in the doghouse. Then it spiraled outta control with adding an extra 10w6 in a ported box lol... so not so much storage space but the amps are moved and easy to access/tune, and the biggest perk is I took my time on the wiring and cleaned it all up (I'm no electrician lol)
    Also installed a new head unit and remote so I have Bluetooth a USB. I was not a fan of cutting a 2" hole in my boat though!

I moved one of the batteries so now they're in a line which really helped with wiring. Only had to have 2 battery cables built!
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

looking good
    2011 Supra 21V
    2012 Tundra SR5 Crewmax
    Wetsounds Icon8's

Thank ya... now I get back on the ground and finish the trailer so I can hopefully get it out and do a function check next week between trips!
    Overkill is underrated

2017 Supra SA 400

A few small suggestions for the JL Audio amplifier. It's designed and built in a certain way to have advantages. If you are fortunate to have an amplifier with all connectors down one side, place that side at the bottom (as mentioned in the manual). It might also cool better in the inverted position since those internal devices that generate the most heat are at the opposite end of the connectors. Plus, make use of the cover plate that protects the pots and switches.

Good job! That remote looks like it's factory installed. ����
    2002 Supra Santera (SOLD)
    2017 Moomba Mojo Pro Vivid Orange
    (1595lb wakemakers in the lockers)

Looks great! I'm with you drilling a hole in the boat, I did so on my 17 Craz within hours of picking it up, lol, but it all worked out.
    Boatless for now

Quote Originally Posted by David Analog View Post
    A few small suggestions for the JL Audio amplifier. It's designed and built in a certain way to have advantages. If you are fortunate to have an amplifier with all connectors down one side, place that side at the bottom (as mentioned in the manual). It might also cool better in the inverted position since those internal devices that generate the most heat are at the opposite end of the connectors. Plus, make use of the cover plate that protects the pots and switches.
    So you're saying just flip it 180* and put all the connectors facing down towards the other amps? I thought about that but I did everything I could to keep the power and rca's away from each other.
    And I do have the cover on it, I hadn't gotten around to retuning everything just yet.

Thanks general... I'm very pleased with it. Not too happy with the head unit though. I lost a lot of adjustment. There's no bass/mid/treble adjustments. And it does a lot of stuff that the instructions don't cover. I'm probly gonna need to take it somewhere to have it tuned.

And if anyone needs a factory Kenwood deck and remote from an 06 SSV let me know. Mine still work great.
    Overkill is underrated

2017 Supra SA 400

How do those subs sound inside the hatch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post
    How do those subs sound inside the hatch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not bad... it's hard to beat w6's lol. The port in the box runs perfectly into the gap between the hull and the seats. I'm anxious to get it out on the water and hear it. So far I've been in the boat barn so I get lots of reverberation off everything.
    Overkill is underrated

2017 Supra SA 400

Hey guys Was wondering if you had any tips on adjusting the sound qauility. I have a 16 Craz with every sound option avaible what would you say as far as a starting point with the amps. Thanks Mike