Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by beat taco View Post
    I would run that over a wdh and be done with it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    That's my plan, if that hitch actually distributes the weight. The issue is not that my hitch won't handle the weight, it's that it won't distribute some of the weight to the front tires. I'm waiting to hear back from the dealer if that curt hitch will actually distribute the weight. I am trying to avoid the WDH contraption at all costs.
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

It would be nice to know if anyone has ever run this past their insurance carrier.

I would think it would only come into play if you're at fault and the alleged reason for the accident is the fact that you were towing beyond the your vehicle's (or hitch's) limits.
    2016 Craz

Quote Originally Posted by mattsask View Post
    My concern is that I'm driving 140 grand worth of merchandise down the road uninsured.
    $140K at risk...? Get a Super Duty!

Thread\
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

I would think they would tell you that you need a WDH to be insured towing that much. Although the manufacturers marketing tactics are a bit shady, it's pretty hard to argue with the physical stamp on the hitch. Seems like it would be very cut and dry from an insurance providers perspective.
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    $140K at risk...? Get a Super Duty!

Thread\
    I'm in Canada. That was canadian dollars. I doubt the majority of us don't do anywhere near enough towing to justify a super duty. I certainly don't.
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

I might run it past my carrier. I understand what you're saying, but I would think this would be much more "common knowledge" then and the manufacturer's couldn't get away with their towing capacity ratings using small print. Maybe it is common knowledge and I'm just an idiot. But if it's as simple as throwing on a different hitch (as was posted earlier), why the hell isn't that an option from the manufacturer or dealer?
    2016 Craz

I can tell you right now that the curt class IV hitch alone will NOT distribute any more weight to your front tires than your current set up. And its ugly. They don't have one that replaces the factory receive instead of adding one below it? My truck didnt come with a receiver and I had the dealer put on a class V and it was designed to go below the stock class III. I didnt know it until it was already on and i hate how low it sits but too late now and its not worth it o replace it.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by 07STI View Post
    I might run it past my carrier. I understand what you're saying, but I would think this would be much more "common knowledge" then and the manufacturer's couldn't get away with their towing capacity ratings using small print. Maybe it is common knowledge and I'm just an idiot. But if it's as simple as throwing on a different hitch (as was posted earlier), why the hell isn't that an option from the manufacturer or dealer?
    You're not an idiot, I'm sure plenty of guys just go by their trucks rated capacity, I know I did on my last truck. Hell, my salesman didn't even know what he was talking about and neither did his manager. After doing my own research, I had to school them on it. Why not offer a factory hitch capable of distributing the weight. Ford does not offer one for the f150, waiting to hear what they come back with regarding aftermarket options.
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    I can tell you right now that the curt class IV hitch alone will NOT distribute any more weight to your front tires than your current set up. And its ugly. They don't have one that replaces the factory receive instead of adding one below it? My truck didnt come with a receiver and I had the dealer put on a class V and it was designed to go below the stock class III. I didnt know it until it was already on and i hate how low it sits but too late now and its not worth it o replace it.
    Yes, the have one that replaces the factory hitch instead of going below it. You just have to select the option. I don't actually care if the weight is distributed, so long as the hitch manufacturer has rated and stamped the hitch at a weight that allows me to tow my boat. If I can get it all in writing from the manufacturer, that's all I need. I think.....
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Default To all you guys that tow with half tons.

Does it tow good with not much sway or squat to truck? I think your fine.

Also, unless the hitch comes off the truck then I do not see insurance being a problem. Your liability coverage is pretty broad. Stupid error and even negligence do not really come into play. For example, cars tell you not to mess with your phone while driving. But you would be covered if you rear ended someone while on phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by russellsmojo; 03-24-2017 at 04:12 PM.
    2017 Supra SA