Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post
    Here's a punch in the gut (ego)! Tesla has same towing capacity!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    First a Supra, now a Tesla??? What's going on over there?
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)

Default To all you guys that tow with half tons.

Haha. I stole this picture. Not shopping. Just made me laugh out that Tesla can tow same as new F150. Even better is the photoshopped G series. Haha.

2017 Supra SA

Haha. I stole this picture. Not shopping. Just made me laugh out that Tesla can tow same as new F150. Even better is the photoshopped G series. Haha.

A G under 5k??? Lol

2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

Yeah.... There's a LOT of vehicles out there that claim a 5k tow rating. A Jeep Cherokee from the 90's, our 2009 Honda ridgeline, a 2002 Jeep Liberty... Sorry, even with Ford's disclaimer on bumper tow, there's no way in hell that any of those tow "the same" as our F150 supercrew... Just goes to show that many are very ambitious with their ratings and some are more conservative. I'd put our F150 against any of the above without hesitation.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Here's a punch in the gut (ego)! Tesla has same towing capacity!

Being electric I am sure teslas have tons of pulling power. I just wonder how long that battery lasts under that much of a load

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

"Being electric I am sure teslas have tons of pulling power. I just wonder how long that battery lasts under that much of a load" The problem is the lag on an electric motor created by the drag when accelerating produces a large amount of heat. I'm not sure if the Tesla has liquid cooling on those motors so heat dispersion would could be a problem.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    "Being electric I am sure teslas have tons of pulling power. I just wonder how long that battery lasts under that much of a load" The problem is the lag on an electric motor created by the drag when accelerating produces a large amount of heat. I'm not sure if the Tesla has liquid cooling on those motors so heat dispersion would could be a problem.
    Yeah, I'm not sure. Just know that most of the most powerful stuff out there is electric. Trains (diesel engines to supply electricity for electric motors). Ships with azipods (diesel electric). My cement unit at work, 1250 hp electric motors.

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD