Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    No Phase5 boards on that list? Might have to try one out this summer and round out your experience.
    Man, I love my Phase5 Matrix, can't be beat....

One thing I learned this summer is fin setup it key, can make or break a board. I'm down to riding the smallest available and moving towards none..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

It's awesome that your friend is a rep and you can buy at cost, now go buy a doomswell at retail and be happier in the long run.

There's still some blem Doomswell's left for $400. that's a great price. I got my wife a "blem" sparkplug and I still don't know what technically makes it a blem because it's in great shape.

https://www.doomswell.com/collection...boards/blemish

The drone is super fun. I've ridden one of those and would be just as happy with a drone as a nubstep. The wife has a sparkplug and it's a little pocket-rocket. really quick and fun to ride as well.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by wario View Post
    It's awesome that your friend is a rep and you can buy at cost, now go buy a doomswell at retail and be happier in the long run.
    What's the saying? You can lead a horse to water......

Why even ask if your you have already made up your mind. You will spend more in the long run! Buy once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 EXILE BIG 12 DVC 2000 watt in a ported box
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4
    Blue LEDs

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    There's still some blem Doomswell's left for $400. that's a great price. I got my wife a "blem" sparkplug and I still don't know what technically makes it a blem because it's in great shape.

https://www.doomswell.com/collection...boards/blemish

The drone is super fun. I've ridden one of those and would be just as happy with a drone as a nubstep. The wife has a sparkplug and it's a little pocket-rocket. really quick and fun to ride as well.
    I bought a blem last fall, and I live close enough to the Doomswell shop so I just went and picked it up. I asked what made mine a blem (it's a Nubstep, btw), and they said that they had inadvertently left out the chemicals that keep the board from yellowing for a batch of baords, that's it. Purely cosmetic, and my board has yellowed a bit, but I can slap stickers on it or just deal with it, I'm fine with it. When I get on it, it's well worth the small blemish! My only regret was that they didn't have any blem bamboo at the time, because those are beautiful boards.

Quote Originally Posted by smorris7 View Post
    What's the saying? You can lead a horse to water......

Why even ask if your you have already made up your mind. You will spend more in the long run! Buy once.

I post in threads like this so I can do my best Keith I told you so impression.

Saturday is going to be perfect, y'all going out?

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    I found a list of boards that I rode in my first couple seasons. Back then I would try anything I could get my hands on. Once I got my Doomswell Nubstep, I stopped trying other boards. I had little desire to ride anything other than my Nubstep.

Hyperlite Broadcast 4'9 - sold
    Hyperlite Broadcast 5'4 - demo
    Liquid Force Fish 5'6 - sold
    O'Brien Alias 5'0" - friend's
    Liquid Force Fish 5'0 - friend's
    React 4’9” - friend's
    Ronix Caption 4'8 - still have, boat board
    Ronix Koal Illuminati 5'0 - sold
    Inland Surfer Squirt 5’0 - friend's
    Wavezone Boost 3'9" - friend's, and he sold it
    React 5’0” - friend's
    Byerly Buzz 4'8" - demo
    Ronix Parks Carbon Thruster 5'1" - demo
    Soulcraft Jetty 5’0 - friend's
    Liquid Force Custom Quad 4'8" - friend's
    Liquid Force TC Custom Skim 4’4” - friend's
    Doomswell Drone Squashtail 4'4" - friend's
    Soulcraft Da Honu 4’8” - friends
    Brigade Radical 4'10 - friend's
    Ronix Parks Carbon Thruster 4’7” - friend's
    React 3’11” - friend's
    Ronix One Carbon Skimmer 4’4” - friend's
    Ronix One Skimmer 4’10” - own, another boat board
    Doomswell Nubstep 4’6” - Purchased new and will have forever. My go to surf style.
    Lakewakes Flying Saucer skim 4’5” - Friend's board, our go-to skim
    Area 51 Custom 4'8"
    Lakewakes Custom 4'6"
    Doomswell Sparkplug 4'4" (wife's board)

Many of us feel about boards the way car enthusiasts feel about cars. Sure any car will function as "basic transportation" to get you from A to B, but even if I had a connection to a Kia or Hyundai dealer to get cars at cost, I'd still drive my BMW M3 in the summer and my Audi S6 in the winter. Because to me, a car is more than basic transportation. Obviously you're asking a passionate crowd of board enthusiasts for advice.

If I was told to choose any three hyperlight or ronix boards, and that I'd get them for FREE on the condition that I retired my Doomswell Nubstep, I'd tell them to keep their free boards.

That said, Wolfeman has access to some crazy amazing quality boards and has ridden a ton of top end stuff, so if he says go for the Quad out of the choices you laid out, I'd respect that.
    Damn Trayson , you got a running tally on a spreadsheet or you got crazy memory skills. I agree custom all the way. If not get your deal on the quad and have fun !!
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Damn Trayson , you got a running tally on a spreadsheet or you got crazy memory skills. I agree custom all the way. If not get your deal on the quad and have fun !!
    Well, one day I retraced my list of boards after I'd ridden about 2 seasons. and I wrote it down. (I just cut and pasted that list that I'd posted before and added the last couple).
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Go with the quad
    I would listen to this guy!

Learned on a CWB board, so it has a special place in my heart. Bought a Liquid Force *Machine" last summer and though it's great, I just got a Doomswell Neo bamboo, and I'll probably only buy Doomswell from now on, it's amazing.