Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Would you buy a car with 40,000 miles? My truck shows 1200 hours at 40,000 miles. While I agree it is not apples to apples it is at least a guide. Maintaining the boat is key. If the outside is maintained then usually the inside has been maintained.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, usually. But there are guys who keep it in the garage but don't change fluids. You better know what you are looking at or pay someone who does. Personally, I don't want to trust the "boatwashers" at the dealer to give me their opinion. If you can get the real service guy to water test, that is ideal. But it's not going to happen in the summer unless you are buying from them.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

540 hours is nothing related to engine wear unless completely neglected, i wouldnt hesitate a bit if the boat looks well taken care of. I'd take a well taken care of 540 over a marginal 300 any day.
    Adam
    SWELL Wakesurf
    www.swellwake.com

I'm here to share my knowledge relating to wake surfing and how to maximize the wave behind your current boat. Hoping to expand the sport of surfing to everyone willing to try!