Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How many hours is too many for you?

A friend who is looking for a boat sent me a link to an 07 Lsv that has 540hrs on it and he asked me if that was too many hours to consider buying. I said that 540hrs over 10 yrs doesn't seem to be a lot in my opinion and that as long as the boat is in good shape and has been taken care of I would definitely look into it some more. What do you guys think? Is there a certain number where you would shy away from an otherwise good boat? To me the history and care of the boat is more telling than the hours. Just wondering...
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

I agree with you, if its been cared for 540 is not bad. I've been on boats with over 2,000 hours and still run fine. All about the history and maintenance.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

10 seasons at 54 hours per season is nothing. Hard to find them much lower. I would be all over it if I were him.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Yah I bought my 2006 tige a few years back with 340 on it and sold it 3 seasons later with 600 and it ran great and was a good boat for the next owner. I'll surely be nearing 1k hours on the craz in 10 years assuming I still own it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

My last boat had 1475 hours (825 of which iwas responsible for) when I sold it to a buddy and had less issues with it than I do with my new one that had 160 hours. It's all about maintenence.
    2009 Moomba LSV

I personally would not purchase a boat with 800+ hours on it, but everyone has a budget.
    That's still not many per year. My 2007 has 450ish and I purchased from someone that did not use it much for the first 4 years.
    Heck, depending on where the boat was sitting, I would be more worried about the interior.

What is the asking price?

Have a compression check done to ease any nerves.
    500 hours should not be any issue with motor longevity.

I hope people are not too scared of high hours, we will break 600 this year and I still don't have the budget to replace it yet so by the time we get rid of it we will probably be around 1000.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    I personally would not purchase a boat with 800+ hours on it, but everyone has a budget.
    That's still not many per year. My 2007 has 450ish and I purchased from someone that did not use it much for the first 4 years.
    Heck, depending on where the boat was sitting, I would be more worried about the interior.

What is the asking price?

Have a compression check done to ease any nerves.
    500 hours should not be any issue with motor longevity.
    Asking $30K and the pictures look like it is in good shape. This is the original owner I believe. I told him I'll go with him to look at it since I have the exact same boat I can give it a good look over.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    A friend who is looking for a boat sent me a link to an 07 Lsv that has 540hrs on it and he asked me if that was too many hours to consider buying. I said that 540hrs over 10 yrs doesn't seem to be a lot in my opinion and that as long as the boat is in good shape and has been taken care of I would definitely look into it some more. What do you guys think? Is there a certain number where you would shy away from an otherwise good boat? To me the history and care of the boat is more telling than the hours. Just wondering...
    It all depends on how it's been cared for. My 12 Mojo is approaching 700 hrs. I can assure you it's as solid as the day it rolled off the factory floor. But I take good care of her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 EXILE BIG 12 DVC 2000 watt in a ported box
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4
    Blue LEDs

Hours means nothing, you can tell if the boat was taken care of or not just by looking at it. Always have the boat taken to a dealer for a water test. Its a small fee but will tell you everything you need to know..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead