Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If you want to surf at all i would think you should be spending a few more dollars on a Mondo. Just my opinion but I think it will hold better reseal value as well. It's a deeper boat & just feels a lot bigger than the outback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

Thanks for the input guys, I can understand everyone's reason for upgrading to a Mondo. They have a lot to offer. But honestly I think the smaller feeling OBV suits me better. I would primarily be using it on smaller lakes and rivers. I would be trailering it anytime I'd want to use it so lighter would be easier on my truck and gas mileage. Also, I would like to keep this in a garage which is another plus for a smaller boat. My parents have a 2006 Four Winns Horizon 180 that we routinely put 5-6 people in so a 20ft wakeboard boat that holds 12 is going to feel very roomy compared to that.

Bottom line, I don't want to be boat poor either. The OBV is already at the top of my budget and upgrading to a Mondo would easily be another 5-10k. I need to save for maintenance, gas money, and accessories!
    2014 Moomba Outback V

All good reasons for buying the right boat. However don't think that all 20' boats are made equally. I'd also take that people rated # with a grain of salt, unless you have a handful of friends that are legless or midgets, just my .02. I too started looking for an OBV about 4 years ago when I was coming from a 96 Malibu direct drive, after sitting in/seeing an OBV side by side with pretty much ANY other wake boat, I stopped looking at them. I personally don't think it's a length/width issue, but a depth issue the OBV suffers from. But everyone is different so you may be fine with one. Happy shopping!
    Boatless for now

Quote Originally Posted by BrettLee3232 View Post
    If you want to surf at all i would think you should be spending a few more dollars on a Mondo. Just my opinion but I think it will hold better reseal value as well. It's a deeper boat & just feels a lot bigger than the outback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I beg to differ a bit with this opinion......I have upgraded our 2013 OBV with 900# rears, an IBS and a suck gate and I believe that it surfs pretty darn well. It won't be mistaken for the newer models with the deeper hulls, but does the job nicely especially if your budget doesn't really allow the bigger boats.
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Hey guys I think I found a winner. I really like the colors on this and looks really clean and nice low hours. I've been in touch with the dealership and asked for more high quality pics and got the typical "lets call and talk". Its a 10 hour drive for me to get out there so I wish they would be a little more willing with send out better pics first but maybe they are just trying to gauge how serious of a buyer I am. I will probably talk to them later this week. The previous owners bought it as a closeout and only used it a few seasons before they traded it in for a MasterCraft. They said they took it out on the water and tested everything with no issues and said to be in great condition. It was serviced by this dealership the past 2 fall seasons.

Any more words of wisdom? Anything else I should ask about? Anyone have any experience with this dealer?

http://www.onlyinboards.com/Moomba-O...sin-65859.aspx
    2014 Moomba Outback V

I was just informed that the boat is pending sale. I guess I'm going to have to keep looking. I emailed them the same day it was posted to onlyinboards. I guess there is still a pretty strong market for these, or just my bad luck.
    2014 Moomba Outback V

It would have sold real quick if it had Bucky the Badger on the side.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

I've had my obv 11 for 3 years. Searched for something with a decent slalom and board wake and was very pleased how well it does for both. Also wanted a boat that I could store in my garage, fit the bill. Overall happy with the boat. If I was purely out for a wake board/surf boat I would have bought bigger and deeper but this thing does exactly what I wanted it to do. Good luck