Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default WTB: 2012-2015 Moomba Outback V

Hi everyone, I am hoping to find a well equipped 2012-2015 Moomba Outback V. I'm not in a big hurry, I'd like to spend a bit of time getting to know the owner or dealer prior to purchasing and probably asking a bunch of questions. I am new to V-drive wakeboard boats but I have done a lot of research already and I really like what the Outback V has to offer. I would not consider myself a hardcore wakeboarder but I think the Outback V would be a nice upgrade from the I/O's that I have grown up riding behind. I would also like to get into wakesurfing.

I haven't had any luck finding these boats in my area. I live in Pittsburgh, PA which isnt exactly a hotbed for Moomba dealers or wakeboard boat owners in general.

Does anyone have any helpful tips of what to look out for? Common problems or tidbits that I may not have seen in my research? I really appreciate any responses I get back on this, I value your opions on this forum.

I also have a 2009 Yamaha FX SHO that I would be parting ways with if a deal goes through if anyone is interested.

A few things I am hoping for:
    Moomba Digital Cruise
    Gelcoat Interior
    Wakeplate
    Surftabs
    Chrome Moomba graphics
    Stainless Steel Rub Rails
    2014 Moomba Outback V

I don't think surftabs were even a thing when the Outbacks were being made.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Maybe not as we typically see them today with the flow surf systems. And maybe I am calling it by the wrong name. Flow surf 1.0? But in the promotional materials they show a manually adjusted plate for carving a better wake on either side of the boat.

http://media.channelblade.com/boat_g...80_image02.jpg
    Last edited by wakeboarder6687; 03-21-2017 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Added picture link
    2014 Moomba Outback V

Maybe not as we know them today but in the promo materials they show a manually adjusted plate that can carve a better wake on either side of the boat.

http://media.channelblade.com/boat_g...80_image02.jpg
    2014 Moomba Outback V

I'd take the manual flow (surftabs) off your list & use one of the suck gates. There is a lot of info on here for how you can build your own and there are plenty of places to purchase one, including brain_rinse on this forum.

(2) on onlyiboards that fit your criteria:

http://www.onlyinboards.com/Used-ski...ZIP=&Distance=

Good luck!

Hmmm. Boat from MN = short season = good condition used boat with low hours. Check for proper winterization though.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Thank you for the great responses already. I will certainly have to check out the 2 boats mentioned on onlyinboards as well as the suck gate that wolfeman mentioned.
    2014 Moomba Outback V

I have a 2014 Outback V that I bought new in 2015. It has been a great boat for me and my family of 5 (kids are young). It is usually just us but we can easily take another family with us with no issues. We can surf and board just fine with factory ballast plus the wake is decent for some slalom runs also and of course tubing with the kids. I built a suck gate and it makes a huge difference in the wake for surfing. I posted pics of before and after in a post previously if you want to check it out. I bought 750's for the rear lockers and an IBS for the front over the winter so I am excited what the bigger ballast does for surfing. I'll probably do a FAE for this summer also. It is a great boat for the money.
    Karl

2014 Outback V

Wow thank you for the great input Karl. It definitely has me excited to get one of my own. I'm glad you've had good experience with it.
    2014 Moomba Outback V

If your not set on the outback V. I have our 2014 Mondo for sale with manual flow.
    http://www.onlyinboards.com/2014-Moo...hio-59537.aspx
    It's currently in my heated warehouse in Grove City, Ohio. Just south of Columbus. If you want to drive over I can put it in the water anytime, just bring a wetsuit if you want to board behind it.