Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 07 Boatmate seized caliper

Has anyone had any luck finding trailer parts on short notice? Heading to the lake Wednesday morning and just found I've got a seized piston on the boat trailer. It's a UFP 10 inch disk brake system I believe it's the DB-35 but none of the local parts houses here can match it up or cross reference it and all the boat dealers were closed today. Appreciate any help!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    2007 Mobius LSV

Tow Vehicle 2003 F250 6.0 PSD

If I remember right the boatmate manual has a cross reference.

Quote Originally Posted by chawkphil View Post
    Has anyone had any luck finding trailer parts on short notice? Heading to the lake Wednesday morning and just found I've got a seized piston on the boat trailer. It's a UFP 10 inch disk brake system I believe it's the DB-35 but none of the local parts houses here can match it up or cross reference it and all the boat dealers were closed today. Appreciate any help!

This is where I got mine.
    https://www.pacifictrailers.com/prod...c-plated-41050

How far are you towing? Here is what I did (and would do if I was you and had a reasonably short distance to tow. (or hell, even if I had a longer distance but was dead set on going out on the water).

1) Remove your old caliper
    2) take a piece of wood and put it in between the brake pads
    3) Take some heavy duty zip ties and maybe some duct tape and strap the removed caliper (with the brake line still attached!!!) to somewhere on your trailer frame.
    4) order the new caliper from pacific
    5) go play on the lake with 3 brakes (I assume you have a tandem trailer??) If you only have a single axle trailer, I would put the brake lockout key on your trailer and skip having brakes if you could do it safely (obviously distance, hills and your tow rig would play huge into this decision).
    6) replace the stuck caliper when you get it from Pacific and bleed the brakes.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Take it apart and sand the bore and piston with 2000 grit, clean, reassemble. Flush a ton of clean fluid through and reinstall. Bleed the other side real good cause youve got water in there too. That will get you by.

Now, if its just the slide pins, sand, clean and grease them and the bore, and reassemble to you should be good to go.

The above is contingent upon what ever froze, did not ruin pads and rotor. These would need replaced prior to trip.

Thanks for the info. The boatmate manuals says caliper rebuild kit for a 2000 Kia sephia will work so that's what I'm gonna go with!

I appreciate all the help guys!

2007 Mobius LSV

Yea, that sounds right. Someone posted that on here a couple years ago. Let us know how it goes. If you can get part no's I'll add a sticky with the info or add it to one of the maintenance/specs threads.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Well, it's stuck now. Thanks to Al for that one and Dan for finding it again.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chawkphil View Post
    Thanks for the info. The boatmate manuals says caliper rebuild kit for a 2000 Kia sephia will work so that's what I'm gonna go with!

I appreciate all the help guys!

well, if you want a spare. I would be happy to send you the old caliper from mine (it was likewise stuck). You cover shipping and it's yours free and you're welcome to rebuild it.

Or anyone else for that matter. it wasn't worth my time to mess with it, I just bought a new one.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Well made it up to the lake and back just fine. Napa had the seal kit part number 2739 for a 2000 kia sephia. Be careful with buying pads though as some of them are arched to clear the rotor hat and some aren't. The first set I got were not arched and they didn't fit so I had to get a different set.

A brillo pad on the rough rust on the caliper and steel wool on the piston and in the piston bore did the trick and the brakes have never felt better! Thanks for everyone's help on the matter.

2007 Mobius LSV