Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool WTB Tandem Axle Trailer

Looking for tandem axle trailer for Moomba LSV 2003. Currently have single axle but would like to upgrade. Let me know what you have. Live outside of Nashville, TN however I like an excuse for a good road trip.

Just curious, but why do you want a double axle for that year LSV? The single axle has sufficient capacity for that generation of Möbius.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Did you price a new one from Boatmate?

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Have not priced a new one yet. As far a the single axle having sufficient capacity is border line imo. 3000lb boat then add all the extras on a 5 lug 3500b axle seems border line to me. I have owned several boats, newer and older with both tandem and single. The tandem seems to handle better, less bounce, and less tire wear. But like I said just my opinion.

Just wondered what a new double would cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

I had a blow out 2 years back on my single axle trailer. The damage was pretty bad to the trailer, so I reported an insurance claim, they totaled the trailer out. I paid extra to upgrade to the tandem axle from boat mate. If I recall correctly, it was approx $5800, but what blew my mind is the tandem was only like $700 or $800 more than the single axle.

We had a blow out on our single axel trailer yesterday, completely bent the fender as well as the back step that is behind the fender. That side of the trailer looks like crap now. How much damage was there to your trailer and how much did insurance agree to pay you?

Boat mate trailers are high. I had priced one for my previous 2003 Supra SSV and it was around $5700. Also found out on the new moombas the trailer has a 5 year warranty. If you get the galvanized version you only get 1 year warranty. That's why I ordered without a trailer and am having a custom welded aluminum trailer built.

Where are you having the custom trailer made? Is it a tandem axel? What is the cost?

I live in Florida. It is being built in Orlando. It is around 6k. It won't have the hassle of dealing with a steel trailer.