Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Will do. I am out of town working, then on vacation after that so it may up being a couple weeks now (last minute stuff) then I will contact you. Thanks for the response.
    2016 Craz Surf Addition
    The Purple Blurrrrrr

Curious if there is a fix for this issue. This weekend I was showing some people we took out on the boat that are thinking about buying a wake boat. Filled up the ballast to show them the surf wake an it was a mess. Later in the day, I noticed that the starboard tab was deployed at 68% and the switch was set to off.

I slowed the boat down and toggled the switch and the port side got stuck. Took me several minutes to get both tabs back to 0%. Think Skiers Choice lost a potential buyer.

Will be reaching out to my dealer this week.
    Keith - Mansfield, TX
    2016 Moomba Craz
    400HP Indmar Raptor

I had some intermittent issues with the surf tabs and wake plate not responding last year. Would require a boat restart/reboot to get them back working. Since my winterization/100 hour service at the dealer, I haven't had the problem yet this year, I have put close to 20 hours on the boat so far and tabs work flawlessly. Didn't even ask if there was some sort of firmware upgrade done...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Craz

Boards:
    Day 1 Wake Payne Killer
    Doomswell Drone 4'10"
    Phase 5 Diamond
    Hyperlite Quad
    Lakewakes Hooligan
    Phase 5 grom
    CWB Razr

Tubes:
    Sombrero
    Bandwagon

Quote Originally Posted by keweaver13 View Post
    Curious if there is a fix for this issue. This weekend I was showing some people we took out on the boat that are thinking about buying a wake boat. Filled up the ballast to show them the surf wake an it was a mess. Later in the day, I noticed that the starboard tab was deployed at 68% and the switch was set to off.

I slowed the boat down and toggled the switch and the port side got stuck. Took me several minutes to get both tabs back to 0%. Think Skiers Choice lost a potential buyer.

Will be reaching out to my dealer this week.
    Mine has been to the dealer three times for that issue. They apparently worked with skiers choice this last time. The skiers rep said that the only solution is to shut everything down, including shutting off your battery switch. This apparently fixes the problem. I haven't had a chance to try it yet. I have also been told that it can be caused by having both batteries selected on the perko switch. This is just what I was told by the dealer that has been unable to resolve the problem, so take that for what it's worth.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

I do not have dual batteries for what it's worth...
    2016 Moomba Craz

Boards:
    Day 1 Wake Payne Killer
    Doomswell Drone 4'10"
    Phase 5 Diamond
    Hyperlite Quad
    Lakewakes Hooligan
    Phase 5 grom
    CWB Razr

Tubes:
    Sombrero
    Bandwagon

Well took my boat to the dealer today and they could not replicate the issue. (Hate it when that happens). The stuck surf tab problem has only happened to me 2 times so far. If it happens again, it was recommend to attempt to get it on video.

Still want to give my dealer Kudo's... The Slalom Shop is about an hour drive one way and they were able to have one of their techs check out the boat.
    Keith - Mansfield, TX
    2016 Moomba Craz
    400HP Indmar Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by mattsask View Post
    Mine has been to the dealer three times for that issue. They apparently worked with skiers choice this last time. The skiers rep said that the only solution is to shut everything down, including shutting off your battery switch. This apparently fixes the problem. I haven't had a chance to try it yet. I have also been told that it can be caused by having both batteries selected on the perko switch. This is just what I was told by the dealer that has been unable to resolve the problem, so take that for what it's worth.

I've been following this thread. Still an issue?

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    I've been following this thread. Still an issue?
    10 engine hours so far this season and it hasn't acted up yet.

2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

I have about 10 hrs this season(60hrs total since new) and so far mine hasn't acted-up. Something new that I'm doing this year is running my engine at 1000rpm while filling and draining the ballast system. This keeps the battery voltage at 13.9v vs 12.5v at idle. If mine acts-up again, I'll be sure to post. I've always run my system on 1 battery. In the past, I've just needed to shut-off my engine, pause for 30 seconds, and then re-start my engine to re-set the surf system.
    2016 Moomba Craz

For you guys having these intermittent trim/surf tab issues, when you start your boat, do you turn the key from Off straight to start? If so, you're bypassing a system check that it goes thru where it's looking for the current position of the tabs, etc. The only time i've had similar issues (and i have once or twice on my wake plate) is when i've hit the starter directly from the off position. When the starter kicks in, just like in your car, it momentarily kills power to everything else so the starter is getting full battery power and this interrupts whatever system check had started however briefly, confusing the computer. You have to pause in the Run position for a few seconds (maybe 5 or so) for the system check to complete... then hit Run.
    2016 Craz