Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Surf problems Craz

Hi guys

We used our Moomba Craz Surf Edition the last whole season and enjoyed with it the swiss lakes

But there are some big 2 issues.
    We had some problems at the end of the season with the surf setup.

First issue:
    The left hand Wave was not working anymore. We needed to completly power of the boat and get it on again. Kind of a new calibration or something like that.
    Does someone had the same problem?

Second issue:
    The wave on the right side also had some kind of a small wave below the lip of the big wave. This was very bad for practicing new tricks and so ok...

Does someone had any ideas how to solve it?

We received some new motors for the surf tabs, maybe this will solve the issue. There should also be a new surf/Wakeplate SW Version, does someone know if this issues will be solved then?

We are in contact with our local dealer (nice guy, only for the protocol) but I would like to know if others also have the same issues.

Best regards in switzerland.

Thomas

It seems like a lot of people with the Craz including myself had the same issues my dealer had told me the problem was in the ECU after months of going back and forth with skiers choice. Their was also a couple of ground issues unfortunatly I won't know until the boat goes back in on Memorial Day weekend

Hi Thomas.

I purchase my Craz on 7/1/2016 and have had this problem since new:

"First issue:
    The left hand Wave was not working anymore. We needed to completly power of the boat and get it on again. Kind of a new calibration or something like that.
    Does someone had the same problem?"

We only wakesurf behind our Craz and it does this at least once every time we surf. I brought it in in to the dealership to have the surf system checked in 7/2016 or 8/2016 and they didn't find anything wrong. I will have to take my boat to the dealership in 5/2017 to have the system tested again after I get it out of storage, so I'm curious to see if any other Craz owners have found a solution to this problem.

Regarding wave size, I have found that I need to surf about 1mph faster on the right side to get a good wave. You could try increasing the boat speed to see if that helps.

Catman. Did the dealer replace the ecu in your boat or did it just need to be reprogrammed?
    2016 Moomba Craz

They tried a couple of different things at first they said it was a ground issue but still had the same problem then they said the ECU needed to be reprogrammed still had the same problems then I brought it in to be winterized and they said they were going to ordered a new ECU but it was to late in the season to go back out. The dealer has been excellent But they have to go by skiers choice orders because of the warranty . They spent a lot of time trying to resolve the problem thier not even sure if that's the fix . I have the exact same problems as you. We put 90 hrs on our Craz in less then 3 months I love the boat but it gets frustrating when you payed all this money and skiers choice isn't stepping up to the plate to resolve it

Same issue here. Put 97 hours on last summer, and I had the same issue at least once every outing. Dealer had my boat for 9 weeks in the fall and totally dropped the ball in resolving the issue. Their answer was that I didn't have my surf tabs set to 100% so they weren't deploying properly. They weren't at 100% because that's not where I wanted them, and that was definitely not the issue. I was already choked the boat was sitting in their yard for so long in the winter and that I had driven 3 hrs to pick it up, that I just make the 300 km trip home without resolution. That was the second time my dealer has completely dropped the ball on that issue. Please let me know what the fix is for you guys.
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

As soon as the ice gets off the lake wet suits will be on and it's go time . My dealer sent their top mechanic to skiers choice and indmar for a 7 day training coarse and skiers choice was claiming it's the first they heard of it...... Bullshit

I am on my third time of surf system failing. First time completely quit and the dealer told me "loose connector." Second time the whole control screen went out and I couldn't even dump my ballast. 45 days back order to get that fixed and ruined the end of season last year. First trip out this year I started loosing the wave again, then plate won't adjust, then boat starts surging. Obviously, the cruise is not working correctly. Second day out putting up with the inconsistencies the damn boat starts taking about 5 seconds of turning over to start. Good gas, first time used after service, good battery. Oh, the alarm for low oil pressure stopped coming on when key is turned on but not started yet but I DO have good oil level. Motor is not running hot.

Pretty sure I am getting representation and going after Federal Lemon Law return.
    2016 Craz Surf Addition
    The Purple Blurrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by fairlydangerous1 View Post
    I am on my third time of surf system failing. First time completely quit and the dealer told me "loose connector." Second time the whole control screen went out and I couldn't even dump my ballast. 45 days back order to get that fixed and ruined the end of season last year. First trip out this year I started loosing the wave again, then plate won't adjust, then boat starts surging. Obviously, the cruise is not working correctly. Second day out putting up with the inconsistencies the damn boat starts taking about 5 seconds of turning over to start. Good gas, first time used after service, good battery. Oh, the alarm for low oil pressure stopped coming on when key is turned on but not started yet but I DO have good oil level. Motor is not running hot.

Pretty sure I am getting representation and going after Federal Lemon Law return.
    Man that sucks, I feel bad for you. You bought from AWS right? I almost traded my boat for that one. Sucks man, it's very rare to have that many problems. It does happen though, just bad luck. Hopefully it all works out, not sure how the lemon law works though.

Sucks even more AWS isn't a SC dealer anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

I have used Lemon Law before and for a new vehicle, motorcycle, Boat, the Federal Law is very straight forward for the manufacturers responsibilities. Haven't even contacted them yet but it is an option if someone doesn't get it repaired. Get's real expensive for them when they have to take the boat back. They have to take boat back, give money back plus taxes and fees, can't sell the boat since it is a Lemon, etc.

Hope we don't get there.
    2016 Craz Surf Addition
    The Purple Blurrrrrr

Sorry just saw this thread,

If there are any open issues with your systems please reach out to [email protected] or myself at [email protected] and we will move this along with your local dealer to get you taken care of. Again my apologies,

Rick