Default Ballast addition under rear seats in 2015 mondo

I would like to add a bit more weight to my mondo and was wondering what size ballasts would fit inside the rear seat lockers. I am just looking for bags here that I can add a bit more weight especially on the goofy side without changing the bags already in the rear lockers(650lb) Any info from someone using bags in there rear side seats would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Kevin
    2015 Mondo Surf Edition

Quote Originally Posted by callynoah View Post
    I would like to add a bit more weight to my mondo and was wondering what size ballasts would fit inside the rear seat lockers. I am just looking for bags here that I can add a bit more weight especially on the goofy side without changing the bags already in the rear lockers(650lb) Any info from someone using bags in there rear side seats would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Kevin
    Hey Kevin,

You will need to upgrade your rear bags 100%!!!! At least 900s. Not sure if anything else will fit. I have the same boat with 900s in the rear, 750ibs & 250 tube sack under port seat. Not sure what would fit under starboard side. I would recommend lead.

Do you have manual or auto flow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

I have the auto flow system and just thought adding more weight under the port seat would help the goofy wake when my wife is driving cause quite a bit less weight in the boat when I'm surfing and I'm the only goofy surfer in the family. The wake seems fine for my kids surfing on the regular side with our current setup.
    2015 Mondo Surf Edition

I have the auto flow system and just thought adding more weight under the port seat would help the goofy wake when my wife is driving cause quite a bit less weight in the boat when I'm surfing and I'm the only goofy surfer in the family. The wake seems fine for my kids surfing on the regular side with our current setup.
    Well for goofy riding you need more weight under starboard seat. That's where I keep my soft side AO cooler. I'm sure you could fit some lead in there though.

Upgrading rear bags will make it a night & day comparison though.

People eat up those 650 bags on the MB forum if you do want to sell them.

2015 Mondo

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

Quote Originally Posted by BrettLee3232 View Post

People eat up those 650 bags on the MB forum if you do want to sell them.

Good to know. I need to sell mine.

2017 Moomba Craz

Brett how does the well does the 250lb bag fit under the port side seat and will it fit under the starboard side also cause that is where i want to add my weight. We also keep our cooler under the starboard seat but it can be moved when I do surf and like I said I'm the only one on that side and the wave seems fine otherwise (my kids have not complained yet). Also what type/brand of bag are you using as I'm looking on the wave makers site.(Just looking at one that I can just fill separately and move around if needed)

Thanks again,
    Kevin
    2015 Mondo Surf Edition

Brett how does the well does the 250lb bag fit under the port side seat and will it fit under the starboard side also cause that is where i want to add my weight. We also keep our cooler under the starboard seat but it can be moved when I do surf and like I said I'm the only one on that side and the wave seems fine otherwise (my kids have not complained yet). Also what type/brand of bag are you using as I'm looking on the wave makers site.(Just looking at one that I can just fill separately and move around if needed)

Thanks again,
    Kevin
    It will not fit under starboard seat. Not enough space. I'm telling you man, you need to upgrade the rear bags. I have a thread floating around here somewhere but can't seem to find it.

2015 Mondo

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

1100's in the rear lockers or your just wasting time and money

2017 Moomba Craz