Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 07 LSV gauge questions.

Hey all,

Has anyone added a depth finder/temp gauge to their older lsv? I have a spare 2 inch opening where the blank moomba gauge is all the way to the right of the dash and I'd like to add depth and temp.

Also, my fuel gauge is starting to fall apart. It looks like it's the beede premier gauge but I can't find the fuel gauge for that set. Does anyone know the best place to get factory replacement gauges?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    2007 Mobius LSV

Tow Vehicle 2003 F250 6.0 PSD

I added a temp/depth gauge. I can't recall the brand but it wasn't hard. Just have to drill a hole in the hull so the temp/depth sensor can read.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I have looked all over for the Beede fuel gauge for my 08 XLV. Can't find one. Only place I have not called is a dealer. Mine was just broken around the bezel. I was able to use gorilla glue gel and was successful putting it back together and getting it back in the dash. So far it seems to still be working. Does yours look like this?

Craig

2008 XLV Gravity Games
    CraigXLV

2008 Moomba XLV Gravity Games Edition

Mine is similar but it has the white face with a black needle. I had to epoxy one of my gauges back together a couple summers ago. As hard as its been to track down I may just end up doing that again.

Mmandley so was yours a through hull transducer as opposed to a transom mount? What size hole did you have to drill?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    2007 Mobius LSV

Tow Vehicle 2003 F250 6.0 PSD

It was a through hull. I mounted it just before the paddle wheel.

Of I recall it was 2 inch hole.

I'll try to find the pictures
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

If you wear polarized sunglasses look at the reviews because some may be better than others, I just discovered my depth gauge is unreadable with polarized sunglasses.
    2009 Moomba LSV

I have a depth gauge in that hole you are talking about. It doesnt measure temp though, my temp comes from my Perfect Pass screen.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I have epoxied two of mine back together and had no problems with them since.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Quote Originally Posted by _fng_ View Post
    If you wear polarized sunglasses look at the reviews because some may be better than others, I just discovered my depth gauge is unreadable with polarized sunglasses.
    Just tilt your head 45°

The operating principle of basic LCDs is polarization. Oversimplified: 90° blocks light and makes the "black" letters/numbers and 45° lets light through making the "white/light" background. Originally, LCDs were aligned horizontally/vertically only because it was a convenient starting point. Then polarized sunglasses came into the mix and there was this issue so they started aligning the polarization at 45° to the normal viewing horizon.

So yeah, that's pretty poor design for a boat gauge not to be aligned at 45°. Maybe a work around could be to mount the gauge a little off-axis (like 10-20°) so that it's not completely silly without shades on and then tilt your head just a little more to make it readable with shades on.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Ha ha. I'll have to try that. I can't read my depth finder gauge and have trouble reading gas pump digital displays too. Always have shades on around here, even when it is raining cuz they cut the glare.

Edit: For fun I just slipped on my polarized glasses and looked at the two screens at my desk. Started tilting my head and thought the powersaver kicked on-- screens went totally black. Only happens when I tilt my head left. Never knew this. Thanks!
    Last edited by kaneboats; 03-20-2017 at 03:45 PM.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!