Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Insurance Claims

So heres the low down, I have hit a few things over the years with the prop but never like horribly bad but I have had this buzzing growl of vibration for a while now and there is also some kind of harmonic whine. I was looking closely at the back of the boat this last fall and it looks like the strut is ever so slightly bent off to the left and the shaft is actually up against the brass through hull it comes out of in the bottom of the boat so I decided I would take it in this spring for repairs. I talked to someone at the dealer a few months ago who gave me a price and it seemed very reasonable so I was just going to come out of pocket because it was just a little less than my deductible. Well I inquired about the work and the official repair estimate is about triple what I was told a few month ago so now I am thinking filling a claim is the way to go for sure. My question is is it critical that I did not file the claim when the issue first occurred? and what kind of increase on my yearly premium would I be looking at?
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Well, a property damage only claim if it raises your rate will be negligible. But, you have an issue with your failure to report the claim within a reasonable time as required by every policy since the beginning of time.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Sounds to me like you had some back luck last Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have said the same thing. Just get your shop on the same page as their explanation of damages to the adjuster can make the claim process go easy.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

.... and delete this thread baahahaha
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

I'm pretty sure this is all hypothetical...
    2016 Craz

Where's the like button? Haha

2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

So to play the Honesty card here...

When we took the boat to Powel in 13 We had no visible damage at all to the boat. Even though in the wind storm the anchor was bent and the Mojo hit the side of the house boat.

3 months later when it got cold we had stress cracks from the rub rail were the boat hit the side of the houseboat.

I called my insurance, Allstate, explained the incident happened last summer < this was in 14 > and that I had no visible damage then but i do now.

They said submit the claim, and all I had to provide was the dates the impact happened.

My claim has never gone up from this.
    Even the next year 15 I had more stress cracks and they re-opened the insurance claim and added those to the repair order.

I always believe Honesty is the best policy.

Just call and say last summer you had some issues or an impact, it didn't seem like anything then but now that the new season is starting your noticing all these issues. I mean in the end they are going to fix it because your putting in a claim, thats what insurance does.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Pretty much gonna be telling a story of some kind. For example, what day did it happen? Who knows!!

Are you sure it's not the prop?

2017 Supra SA

Well my explanation for not filling a claim immediately is easy, I was planning on paying out of pocket when I believed the repair was going to be less expensive.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD