So heres the low down, I have hit a few things over the years with the prop but never like horribly bad but I have had this buzzing growl of vibration for a while now and there is also some kind of harmonic whine. I was looking closely at the back of the boat this last fall and it looks like the strut is ever so slightly bent off to the left and the shaft is actually up against the brass through hull it comes out of in the bottom of the boat so I decided I would take it in this spring for repairs. I talked to someone at the dealer a few months ago who gave me a price and it seemed very reasonable so I was just going to come out of pocket because it was just a little less than my deductible. Well I inquired about the work and the official repair estimate is about triple what I was told a few month ago so now I am thinking filling a claim is the way to go for sure. My question is is it critical that I did not file the claim when the issue first occurred? and what kind of increase on my yearly premium would I be looking at?