Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Lift bunks height and width

Last fall I purchased a '16 Craz. This is my 1st boat and recently moved to the lake. The lift is a 9k lb hi-tide 4 post lift, but with two flat carpeted boards as the previous owner had a pontoon. We're taking delivery of our boat in the next cpl weeks. I can buy the attachments from hi-tide to flip the boards up. But, 1) do I need more clearance than 8" -- current boards are 2x8x12'? Also, how many inches is best between the two boards? I've called dock folks, but they're backed up and seem to be charging waayyy to much. Thanks!

IMG_2978.jpg. Current setup. Flipping up (8"), is that sufficient height? Optimal width b/w the two boards?

Measure the distance between the two longest bunks on your trailer and match up to that. Likewise I measure from the long bunks down to the protecting cross bar underneath the prop on the trailer and match that for bunk height off the frame, mine was something like 15". I know quite a few guy who go less on the height, just depends if you can/will be driving your boat thru the lift or passed the frame support on accident.
    Last edited by BT_48170; 03-09-2017 at 02:01 PM.
    2011 Mobius LSV
    2005 Mobius LS (sold)

I would want way more support, strength and height than offered by a 2x8 on end.
    2015 Mojo Surf Edition
    1100 rear lockers
    400+ under each rear seat
    700 stock center
    950 ibs
    autoflow 2.0 surf tab upgrade
    FAE

I have 2x12's doubled up and covered those with outdoor carpet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input! For longevity and piece of mind, I think I'm going to pay up a little bit and install the attached. IMG_2982.jpg

Those are the bunks I have. Very happy with them.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Quote Originally Posted by WesS View Post
    Thanks for the input! For longevity and piece of mind, I think I'm going to pay up a little bit and install the attached. IMG_2982.jpg
    That's a must I have 18 inches under mine
    Measure width on the trailer bunks and slightly narrow the ones in front to about drive throughs

Not sure I would have trusted that setup on a toon
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Thanks for the input. One last question, should I install the front/bow portion of the bunks higher than the rear (for drainage, etc.)? Or, is that the purpose of installing the front a little closer together? Once I install and take delivery of the boat, I'll post pics of the final product...hopefully not the boat sitting on the I-beams!

Adjust the feet on the lift if you want a slight tilt but I would not go to far as a v drive is a$$ end heavy. I usually get the gas tank filler even with the rear post of the lift .

So I keep the bunk heights the same level and my boat sits level on the lift Fwiw
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold