Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I have a 2013 F-250 Super Duty Lariat Ultimate, factory suspension, rolling on matte black 20x10 XD Rockstars w/ 35" Cooper Discoverer STTs.

....the going stereotype would be that it is a brodozer-pavement queen. Shocker, I took it mudding when it still had paper plates, not only do I regularly play with it off-road....I've actually used the factory rear E-Locker. Truck is usually filthy unless I happen to have some free time to clean & detail.

The Mrs drive a 2009 Nissan Altima that other than leather, is fairly vanilla, except the fact that she drives like she's Dale Jr. There are few cars where I've actually held on to the passenger Oh shit handle, bless her heart, and her driving makes my butt pucker more than a face full of lemons!

....with the Craz on the way next week she's already put me on notice that the next new ride will be hers, likely a 2018 Expedition or Navigator.
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    My wife and I drive very typical cars that I don't think fit into any stereotypes. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong however.

I drive a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi Quad Cab Lonestar Edition.

The wife drives a 2015 Ford Expedition Limited.

Go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Easy, I'll stereotype ya (as long as you take it all in good humor).

Regular truck: you're work in a blue collar job and aren't worried about anything too flashy (other than maybe some decals showing off your texas pride). The truck is functional and you're too busy with football to go for anything more flashy.

Expedition: The moment we found out we were due with our first kid, we immediately knew we needed a texas sized baby hauler. I mean, nothing screams "I need 7 passenger seating and a vehicle that can handle a crash with a semi truck" than knowing the first baby is on the way. screw all those minivan driving soccer moms, we are from Texas and need a big ass SUV. Plus, our baby is cuter than yours.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Easy, I'll stereotype ya (as long as you take it all in good humor).

Regular truck: you're work in a blue collar job and aren't worried about anything too flashy (other than maybe some decals showing off your texas pride). The truck is functional and you're too busy with football to go for anything more flashy.

Expedition: The moment we found out we were due with our first kid, we immediately knew we needed a texas sized baby hauler. I mean, nothing screams "I need 7 passenger seating and a vehicle that can handle a crash with a semi truck" than knowing the first baby is on the way. screw all those minivan driving soccer moms, we are from Texas and need a big ass SUV. Plus, our baby is cuter than yours.
    That's actually pretty spot on

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    That's actually pretty spot on

Well, it helps that I know you! so easier to make a stereotype that's plausible! (and funny)
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

2014 Subaru Forester (replaced a Toyota Highlander, which replaced a Volvo sedan)

2012 Ram crew cab (which replaced a k2500 Suburban, which replaced a Volvo wagon)

The Highlander, Volvos, and Suburban were cars we owned while raising our boys, who are no grown men.

Suburban was our first tow vehicle.

My wife likes driving the Subaru, not so much the Ram

Never owned (or rented) a minivan. Promised myself I would never, ever been seen in one.

Between the ages of 16 and 30, I was a gearhead speed junkie. Then, I got a job as a trooper with the Illinois State Police.

Today, I keep to the right lane with cruise control set five under the posted limit, enjoying life in rural Virginia.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

My Tow Pig is a 09 Chrysler Aspen Hybrid Dual Mode Hemi
    Back up Tow Pig is wife's 12 Porsche Cayenne
    Kiddie cars... 12 Ford Fiesta and 12 Mercedes B250
    Toy Car is a 11 Porsche 911 C4S

I get insurance fleet rates
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

My Moomba Lives in Eagle River, WI - We Live in Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by DOCDRS View Post
    My Tow Pig is a 09 Chrysler Aspen Hybrid Dual Mode Hemi
    Back up Tow Pig is wife's 12 Porsche Cayenne
    Kiddie cars... 12 Ford Fiesta and 12 Mercedes B250
    Toy Car is a 11 Porsche 911 C4S

I get insurance fleet rates
    DOC - Good to see another member of the Moomba/Porsche clan .... My DD is a 2010 Porsche 911 C4S Cab, but here's the rest of the fleet:

2012 Cayenne S (my Winter DD, plus our Moomba and Ski Doo hauler)
    1968 Porsche 911L (fair weather driver, just completing a 2-year complete rebuild)
    2014 Audi Q7 3.0T (Wifey's ride)
    2016 Jeep Cherokee Sport (shared car for our college-aged twin boys)

And maybe you can point me to your insurance broker 'cause I've got a 15-year old taking Driver's Ed starting in the Fall

I think your stereotypes will vary by geography. Maybe by age group. But still, if the shoe fits...

We have my big ass truck and her luxury SUV - don't really count the kids cars anymore since I rarely see them with home just being a "pit stop." I drive pretty much anything at 5-10 over on the freeway, not so much around town. Both our vehicles are usually either really shiny and new looking sitting in the driveway (especially since we both work from home now) or have mud splattered up the sides and sand coming out when you open the doors from our last adventure. Is there a stereotype for that?

But we do have 4 kids and now 2 grandkids in the mix and we're a tight family so we kind of fall into the we "need big ass stuff" no matter what it is category. Vacation rentals often end up being a mini van and I am reminded why we vowed to never own one.

I used to be curious if people judged but don't really give a damn anymore. I've pulled some serious junkers out of the boat launch and out of the sand when they ran into trouble with whatever vehicle I'm in, turned down any payment, and made sure they were good to go before tending to my own stuff. That's what really counts. Hope they'll do the same for me if/when the day comes.

I'm sure you all are the same - hopefully anyway!
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Awesome thread.

Me - '17 F150 3.5 ecoboost
    Wife - '16 Highlander
    My toy - '16 GTR

I like the fact that the F150 and GTR are on completely opposite ends of the spectrum.

Please feel free to judge/stereotype...
    2016 Craz

Quote Originally Posted by 07STI View Post
    Awesome thread.

Me - '17 F150 3.5 ecoboost
    Wife - '16 Highlander
    My toy - '16 GTR

I like the fact that the F150 and GTR are on completely opposite ends of the spectrum.

Please feel free to judge/stereotype...
    how do you like that new 10spd?
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD