Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2016 Supra SE 450 USB / iPod

So typically we go where there is no cell reception in certain area's and i wanted to load a bunch of music on a USB device or iPod. I tried a older Ipod which I plugged it into the USB port and it wouldn't read anything screen was just blank. Tried a USB memory card storage device that seemed to read the music and would show the songs and artists on the screen from the drive, but wouldn't play anything. Does the audio have to be in any special format ( All the files were in mp3 format ) ?

Is there any trick to get a USB or Ipod to work ?

Thx
    Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you format the USB drive there is an option to choose music files instead of data files. I don't know if that would make a difference?

2016 Supra SG 450
    Josh

2016 Supra SG 450
    2001 Calabria Pro V - Sold
    1987 Supra Sunsport - Sold

I have tried the USB drive using the music format from a Mac and from a Windows VM same thing. i have email into e-controls who are the ones who create the ICE Audio Control unit and waiting to hear back.

Hmmm

2016 Supra SG 450
    Josh

2016 Supra SG 450

Come to find out that 2016 Supra SE ICE Stereo module does not have a required chip, The 2017 has been fixed from what i hear. Kinda a bummer you would expect something to work if listed as a option on the screen on a new 2016 Supra.

Quote Originally Posted by davewfo View Post
    Come to find out that 2016 Supra SE ICE Stereo module does not have a required chip, The 2017 has been fixed from what i hear. Kinda a bummer you would expect something to work if listed as a option on the screen on a new 2016 Supra.
    Can you upgrade it?

2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

Quote Originally Posted by davewfo View Post
    That's the truth.

2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by BrettLee3232 View Post
    Can you upgrade it?

No you can upgrade it unless you get the 2017 display and Ice unit. I am kinda bummed after buying a new boat you expect everything to work.

Yeah this is a bummer. I was really looking forward to playing music from a USB drive....has anybody heard of a fix for it yet ?

2016 Supra SG 450
    Josh

2016 Supra SG 450

No fix only option is to get a bigger IPhone with more storage and use Bluetooth.