Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I love the look of the black deck in those photos, much more than the white in your avatar!
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

I do love the look of the black.

I'm spending enough on this boat and I want it to be different than regular production boats that typically have white interiors.
    2020 Moomba Kaiyen > Finally on my lift!
    2017 Moomba Mondo > Traded
    2000 Moomba Kamberra > Traded

In my opinion there is a reason most production boats have white decks. It is much easier to take care of and does not get hot like black does in the sun. My last boat had a black deck and in the Texas sun it was a hot MOFO. Scratches, scratches and more scratches show up on black, but it does look sweet when its new. I also think white would resale better. Blacked out/murdered out is the in right now, but these things change, white is more timeless.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

Very good points.

That is why I decided red & black as opposed to purple, orange or green (not that I don't think they look great), but I am thinking down the road when I do sell the boat I don't want it look dated at that time.

Default Deck Colour Opinion

Once you go black, you won't go back!

I would only do white if you do a white hull. If you do a white hull & white deck then do a white tower.

But honestly black on black on black with red metal flake would pop harder than a virgins cherry

I'm picturing a black trailer with metal flake red two tone fenders & black rims with painted red inserts

But if you do white then do this....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BrettLee3232; 03-08-2017 at 04:47 AM.
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

Adding the white hull really does make the white deck stand out less. I like that idea. The reason why I went with a black hull is because of a possible scum line that can occur when it is not on its lift. I was hoping the black would disguise it until I wiped it off when it was on the lift. I see nice boats on my lake that people leave in the water and neglect to clean them often and the scum line is really prominent when they are out for a run.

I appreciate the honest opinions from sivs1 & Prospersigman regarding the scratches, water spots and dirt. I'm such a fanatic when it comes to the care of my boat, but having to worry about it get scratched from regular use (even with all my rules) it might just take the fun out of it for me. My last boat was 16 years old off white in colour and scuffs, scratches and dirt were not an issue as they were not visible.

Quote Originally Posted by BrettLee3232 View Post

But honestly black on black on black with red metal flake would pop harder than a virgins cherry

I'm picturing a black trailer with metal flake red two tone fenders & black rims with painted red inserts
    I might be biased as I'm doing a black deck & black hull but I'm upvoting Brett here....I think the red flake on black on black would look sick!!
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

I don't disagree at all.... The black and red would look amazing.

RC_Hinojosa, your colour scheme looks way better with the black as opposed to the white in the brochure.

All I am worried about is the aftermath. I own a black truck and if I don't hand wash and completely rush to hand dry it at 6am, the water cooks on the paint.

As they say.... black is not a colour..... it is a hobby.

You could change your upholstery accents to black and go with a red deck.
    2015 Mojo Surf Edition
    1100 rear lockers
    400+ under each rear seat
    700 stock center
    950 ibs
    autoflow 2.0 surf tab upgrade
    FAE

Colored deck for the win. I would never do white too boring for this guy. The only thing that bugs me is where the seat bases and the seats meet the gel gets beat up from the seat moving around. where with white you may not see that as easily.

-Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"