Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

could i use the kicker kx200.2 that's in there now for the two bow speakers.
    2016 Moomba Mojo

Loc82,

DO you have a trusted, credible marine audio shop local to you that you are intending to purchase the quality wet sounds and JL from? I dont mean to be critical, but I do mean to be direct and to the point. You have some glaring holes/gaps and over sights in the amp wattage and speaker and amp pairings.

I highly suggest you seek the advice of the shop thats going to score this killer system. otherwise, I think you are going to be less than impressed. This typically leads to blaming the gear.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Loc82,

DO you have a trusted, credible marine audio shop local to you that you are intending to purchase the quality wet sounds and JL from? I dont mean to be critical, but I do mean to be direct and to the point. You have some glaring holes/gaps and over sights in the amp wattage and speaker and amp pairings.

I highly suggest you seek the advice of the shop thats going to score this killer system. otherwise, I think you are going to be less than impressed. This typically leads to blaming the gear.
    I appreciate the fact that everyone is direct and to the point. This is all new to me and I know from reading on the forum you guys know a hell of a lot more about this stuff than I do. Knowing that you guys wouldn't do something on your own boats helps me make decisions. TBH the shop I went to is a JL dealer and they have done many boats with satisfied customers. I have never done business there and I'm not opposed to going somewhere else that will help me get to where I want to be. I don't want to say cost isn't an issue but my main concern is getting it right the first time and I'm willing to pay for that quality.
    2016 Moomba Mojo

Is there a zone you want extra emphasis in? Sounds like possibly the sub?

Are you against a 3 amp setup?

Have you decided you for sure want a coaxial speaker on the tower?

Is the ballpark budget for gear around 4k? Is a local shop going to build a box and do the install?
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Is there a zone you want extra emphasis in? Sounds like possibly the sub?

Are you against a 3 amp setup?

Have you decided you for sure want a coaxial speaker on the tower?

Is the ballpark budget for gear around 4k? Is a local shop going to build a box and do the install?
    I just want an overall great sounding system. I'm not a bass head by any means. I think if I had to chose I would say emphasis on sound quality over anything else.

I am not against a 3 amp set up. If that is what's necessary to get the most out of this set up I'm all for it

I listened to the Rev 8's vs the JL 7.7's and I felt like the JL's were more musical. I chose the 8.8's because they were bigger and had good reviews. We will mostly be surfing so getting music back 75ft isn't a priority nor is being the loudest on the lake.

The budget is right around 4k give or take. I was thinking way less initially but the more i looked the more I wanted. This particular shop will build the box and do the install.
    2016 Moomba Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by loc82 View Post
    JL Audio M800/8v2 200w x 2 bridged for the M880 towers and 100w x 4 for the tower speakers and 4 of the MX650's

the remaining two bow MX650's will run off the head unit.
    i thinks the confusion is because i screwed up my original post. it should read

JL Audio M800/8v2 200w x 2 bridged for the M880 tower speakers and 100w x 4 for the (4) MX650 cabin speakers

Does that make more sense?? I've been at work 9 hours and I have 7 more to go
    2016 Moomba Mojo

Default Thoughts on stereo install

Quote Originally Posted by loc82 View Post
    i thinks the confusion is because i screwed up my original post. it should read

JL Audio M800/8v2 200w x 2 bridged for the M880 tower speakers and 100w x 4 for the (4) MX650 cabin speakers

Does that make more sense?? I've been at work 9 hours and I have 7 more to go
    This does help but You need 3 amps for what you are doing. Outside of sub this is my exact factory setup. You need one 800 bridged on the towers ( these sound great). One amp could be smaller on the cabins but they would love 100w each and sound great. Look at m600v6. third amp on sub.

I really like my system outside of my sub. Go three amps and jl w6 ported sub. You will jam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by russellsmojo; 03-07-2017 at 06:54 PM.
    2017 Supra SA

My main reason for not considering the JL W6 is that it isn't marine rated. Any thoughts on that? I guess a JL W6 would make my life easier and may save me some money
    2016 Moomba Mojo

I listened to the Rev 8's vs the JL 7.7's and I felt like the JL's were more musical
    As expected as this is an apples to oranges comparison. Compare the rev-8 and icon-8 for a similar outcome. Like a 1/2 ton truck ride compared to a Caddy sedan ride. What are your tower speaker goals, wake range projection or near field sound quality?

My main reason for not considering the JL W6 is that it isn't marine rated
    The 12W6 and Wet Sounds XXX are again, an apples to oranges comparison. The XS-XXX12 V2 is in an entirely different power handling and output class then the 12W6. Both great woofers, just not on the same level.

The lack of a "marine" rating on the W6 is the last reason I would discount it. Its well suited for a freshwater trailer boat.
    Last edited by MLA; 03-07-2017 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    As expected as this is an apples to oranges comparison. Compare the rev-8 and icon-8 for a similar outcome. Like a 1/2 ton truck ride compared to a Caddy sedan ride. What are your tower speaker goals, wake range projection or near field sound quality?

The 12W6 and Wet Sounds XXX are again, an apples to oranges comparison. The XS-XXX12 V2 is in an entirely different power handling and output class then the 12W6. Both great woofers, just not on the same level.

The lack of a "marine" rating on the W6 is the last reason I would discount it. Its well suited for a freshwater trailer boat.
    i feel like a young Jedi being schooled by Yoda when you respond lmao. thank you though for clearing that up
    2016 Moomba Mojo