Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

thank you........
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by Bonte4 View Post
    Just measured my Mondo, only about 3" so not a option for me, ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's why I made my own for the XLV. not too much useable space. enough for ropes or the throw cushion. I used 1/4" HDPE.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    That's why I made my own for the XLV. not too much useable space. enough for ropes or the throw cushion. I used 1/4" HDPE.
    Can you post a pic of yours, just curious as to what usable space you have accommodates? Was it worth it to build your own to store your ropes and throw cushion?
    Landon

17 Mondo Surf Edition
    WS Rev 10's

Quote Originally Posted by Bonte4 View Post
    Can you post a pic of yours, just curious as to what usable space you have accommodates? Was it worth it to build your own to store your ropes and throw cushion?
    Here you go. this is my info from the other thread:

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Okay, based on your idea I went and built one for myself. I only had the depth for mine to be 2 1/2" for most of it, tapering to 3" towards the bow. I used 1/4" HDPE to keep the costs down. About $10 in aluminum angle and $60 for the two sheets of 24x36 HDPE. I already had the stainless screws.

I don't have a front or back wall on my "tray" because they go flush against the walls of the engine compartment. The rear tray has a piece of hdpe under the bottom to form a lip so the floor of the forward tray dovetails against the floor of the rear tray. Because there's no forward or rear walls, there was no need to cut out for the shock mount. only cut the floor out around the ski pylon. and the floor actually rests on the big nut for the engine compartment lid latch.

Because my HDPE was 1/4", it was more susecptible to not having the sides to floor square, so I used some of the angle to reenforce the right angle of the floor to side wall junction. Likewise, because my HDPE was only 1/4" thick, I used my air grinder to hack off the tips of the screws that were poking through the HDPE.

Lastly, on the front tray, I put some nylon webbing along the sides to form a pair of "handles" so I had something to grip when I wanted to remove the front tray. The front tray comes out first, then the rear.

Mine is deep enough to fit ropes or even the throw cushion. All in all a nice upgrade.

Webbing "handle":

The shadow makes it look like there's a hole under the latch against the pylon, but the hdpe snugs right up against that latch. unless something was the size of spare change, it's not going to fall through into the engine compartment.

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Trayson.....

I'll be interested in going the HDPE route in the future. What's your guess on the weight of your trays if say it was a once piece tray? Also, I noticed you can get 1/8" vs. the 1/4" HDPE online. Would this be an option? I know I'd have to use brackets or some corner gussets in this scenario for the screws.
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    Trayson.....

I'll be interested in going the HDPE route in the future. What's your guess on the weight of your trays if say it was a once piece tray? Also, I noticed you can get 1/8" vs. the 1/4" HDPE online. Would this be an option? I know I'd have to use brackets or some corner gussets in this scenario for the screws.
    I think 1/4 is as thin as I'd go. As is, with the 1/4", I had some sections where I wasn't able to get the screws perfectly inside the HDPE and they poke out a little. Also, with the HDPE, it really doesn't have the rigidity so even mine at 1/4" has some warping to it. it's not really noticeable, but the floor to sides of the tray aren't perfectly square...

I suppose if you wanted to do the 1/8", you'd definitely have to use more brackets and the like. and you'd probably have to thru bolt it instead of just screwing into the HDPE. Some people have used aluminum sheet, but I wouldn't want that much heat transfer... It's plenty warm with the HDPE (keeps Pizza nice and warm!)

As far as weight, I don't know. a few pounds I guess?
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

^^^^^^

Thanks for the input!
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

I finally got my engine tray done for my Supra SE 450. There is about 1 1/2 inches of room between the box and engine cover. Since it's made out of aluminum I am going to use some extreme dynamate to limit engine heat transfer, then I bought some hydro turf EVA to cover the inside as well. Looks like it will be able to hold a good amount of stuff large box anchor, 4 bouys and my ropes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What thickness did you use?
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Dusty

It's 1/8 Aluminum you could use steel as well it should be able to hold a few hundred pounds no problem. The one thing that i didn't notice when i first measured my engine rear cage were not square from the factory (it was about 1/8 off where it was welded to the back seat brace). Here is the plans for my 16 Supra SE450 if you want as a template i would measure yours just to make sure yours is the same.

Supra Engine Tray Template ( i would measure yours just to make sure yours is the same ).
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5y...ew?usp=sharing