Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

The 1k sumo max bags I have fit perfectly. The 1100 fly highs that I was also looking at were close in dimensions, I think they were 50x24x24 and the 1k bags I have are 50x22x22 or roundabout. Not sure if I will need to brace the divider panels like you do need to with the 1100. I was doing the pump over the side last year to see if I enjoy surfing before committing to the full reversible upgrade. The surf platform has a less pronounced lip and is much narrower and is what the newer boats use. Weighted down the platform digs, but at $1k I'm not nearly in love enough to justify it lol. I bought the sumo 500lb IBS but there is room to go longer in the legs of the bag which is what the 750 does I believe. If you are a heavy surfer then a prop will also be on your list at some point but I'm using stock and its fine for my needs. If you are going to be switching sides then one of the transfer systems will prob be in your future, whenever that $500 grows on that money tree I'd prob like to integrate that as well, beats having to dump and fill all the time.
    Jeff
    2007 LSV - FAE, G4 setup with Sumo 500 IBS, 1k rear lockers

Is your IBS plumbed into the factory system or do you use an over the side pump?

Quote Originally Posted by chawkphil View Post
    Now that is a good looking surf wave! Thanks for the info! Do you have any more info on your suckgate?
    Sent you a pm with the details

I'm over the side for all of my bags except for the center. which is still the stock aerator. I will piggyback the IBS and center switching to the reversible. It's basically 30 minutes to fill up all bags, then another 30 to dump. For those who surf or wake more than I do doing the reversible would be the priority. I grew up slalom and still do so I needed to figure out if I loved it enough to start drilling holes.
    Jeff
    2007 LSV - FAE, G4 setup with Sumo 500 IBS, 1k rear lockers

Awesome. So is wakemakers the best place to buy the ballast upgrades?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    2007 Mobius LSV

Tow Vehicle 2003 F250 6.0 PSD

My Moomba Lives in Eagle River, WI - We Live in Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    1100 rear surf side, 750 opposite side with suck gate, center 400 and 750 IBS full.
    I run a similar set up on my 2014 LSV: Rear 900's (surfside full, offside at 75%), old stock 650lb bag 75% full under surfside seat, 500lb hard tank full and 500lb IBS full. It surfs well, but I just bought one of Dan's sweet suck gates to make it surf GREAT

Yep, give wakemakers a call, they can design a custom kit for you. I have 1100s, IBS, Center, and a extra 400lb bag under the seat. I have 4 reverisable pumps. The suckgate is the best option..😀

Don't forget to cross the outlet vents to the opposite side and use vent check valves.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Don't forget the fresh air exhaust, surfed behind a really expensive enzo recently couldn't believe how loud the thing was. Buzz kill..lol
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by 13mobiusLSV View Post
    While we are spending your money, is a new life jacket in budget?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What you don't rock the type 2 vest?

Thanks everyone for your help. Just ordered the ballast pump upgrade, 1000 lb sumo sacs, and divider panel reinforcements from wakemakers. Got sucked down the rabbit hole that is the suckgate thread so looks like I'll be making myself one of those before the season really gets started. Appreciate everyone's input!