Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

They have the orange impellers already installed. Have you been happy with the orange ones?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    2007 Mobius LSV

Tow Vehicle 2003 F250 6.0 PSD

Quote Originally Posted by chawkphil View Post
    They have the orange impellers already installed. Have you been happy with the orange ones?

The original black impeller started to stick on 1-2 of the pumps after a few years. Sometimes the switch would fix it (moving forward & reverse), sometimes I had to reopen and make sure the brass bolts were not installed too tight. Tried some lube. It was a PITA.

Never an issue with the orange. They are more flexible.

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    The original black impeller started to stick on 1-2 of the pumps after a few years. Sometimes the switch would fix it (moving forward & reverse), sometimes I had to reopen and make sure the brass bolts were not installed too tight. Tried some lube. It was a PITA.

Never an issue with the orange. They are more flexible.
    I am having the same issue with my black impellers, just ordered 3 new orange ones to replace them hoping this fixes the sticking problem. All three of mine stick. The tightness of the cover bolts can affect this? Maybe when i swap them out i need to not install the bolts as tight as well.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Well I made it up to the lake to try everything out.

First up the pros:
    1. Most importantly, no leaks! The fit and finish with this kit was really top notch!

2. The pumps worked great. Fast fill times and full emptying thanks to the check valves!

And now the bad...
    1. 2000lbs in the lockers with just the 400lb in the ski locker is way too much for this boat. Perfect pass wouldn't hold speed and the wave was nowhere near surfable. RPMs were way up and once the boat hit the set speed the perfect pass backed off and the boat slowed way down. I'd imagine more weight in the front to help level it out and stay on plane will help but what a huge disappoinment. Also think a new prop may be in order.

2. Throttle issues. The boat fired right up and ran great but once I slowed down to idle and tried to accelerate again I had no throttle. Forward and reverse engaged just fine but there was nothing but idle. I had this issue once last summer as well. If I unplug the middle connector on the ecm and plug it back in it works fine for a bit but the issue persisted throughout the day.

Overall a pretty rough trip but hey, a bad day on the lake beats a good day anywhere else right?

2007 Mobius LSV

It sounds like a propeller issue. Your motor is big enough to drive those sacks. Did you adjust the wake plate as well? More weight in the front will make the wake longer as well. Try filling the sacks 100% on the surf side and 80% on the opposite side. Depending on how many people in the boat I don't even need to fill the rear surf side to 100%. Don't worry you will get it working and it will work.
    Last edited by 5:00; 03-22-2017 at 05:18 PM.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Sounds like the perfect pass servo is shot. Perfect pass has some great support docs, basically make sure the perfect pass servo is moving.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Yep, you need an ibs, use the old rear bag in the bow and used a tsunami pump. You'll need a new prop sooner or later, acme 1433..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    I am having the same issue with my black impellers, just ordered 3 new orange ones to replace them hoping this fixes the sticking problem. All three of mine stick. The tightness of the cover bolts can affect this? Maybe when i swap them out i need to not install the bolts as tight as well.
    Also take a look at the brass cover plate that faces the impeller. Mine had a few black marks from the black rubber. Felt uneven. I sanded that smooth.

The screws need to be tight enough to put pressure on that thin rubber gasket the to prevent leaks. Not sure that would effect the impeller sticking.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    Sounds like the perfect pass servo is shot. Perfect pass has some great support docs, basically make sure the perfect pass servo is moving.
    I agree. Perfect pass servo replacement is likely needed

Prop will make a difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDDss5FmH7w
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    I agree. Perfect pass servo replacement is likely needed

Prop will make a difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDDss5FmH7w
    It's a drive by wire system so it doesn't have a servo. Although I'm not ruling out throttle issues since it seems that my throttle position sensor failed and was causing the boat to go into forced idle.

And I just took a look at the prop and it turns out its already got an OJ 14.25 x 14 which is designed specifically for surfing and heavy ballast so that's not the issue either.

I'm definitely gonna throw one of the old bags up front under the bow seats and see if that helps. I'll plumb it into the vent line from the ski locker bag since that's how the ibs is gonna be plumbed eventually anyways.

2007 Mobius LSV