Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

I didn't realize it was different from Supra of that era. Ignore me.

Agree on prop size.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

You sure, I don't think it's drive by wire...Thought those came later....
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    You sure, I don't think it's drive by wire...Thought those came later....
    Yep. Throttle cable goes back to the engine bay and is hooked up to nothing but a throttle (pedal) position sensor. Trust me I'm trying to track down that sensor now and it's proven to be quite a chore...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    2007 Mobius LSV

Tow Vehicle 2003 F250 6.0 PSD

my 08 is drive by wire so I would not be shocked if his 07 had the same system. If you're trying to get on plain while surfing then you're doing it wrong. I run more weight than that surfing with acme 1847 and my PP has no issues holding speed.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Might want to shut off the PP and see how your throttle operation is. See if you can get up on plane-- go over by 5-6 MPH then drop back to surf speed and engage the PP. If it holds you might need an adjustment to your PP controls to make it more or less "aggressive". If you can describe what is happening you can call them and they will walk you through what changes to make to your settings.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow is round 2 of trying to workout the kinks. Replaced the throttle body so that should take care of my forced idle issue. Threw one of the old sacs under the front seats to help keep the bow down a bit while surfing. Hopefully that helps with the wake and the perfect pass

2007 Mobius LSV

Just got back from the lake and I'm happy to say I've finally got the wave dialed in! I appreciate all your guys input. My little LSV now surfs at least close to as well as my neighbor's brand new Supreme S238. The wave is tall and long and has a good amount of push all the way back to the curl. Just like you guys suggested front 750lb ibs full, center locker 400lb full, surf side 1000lb locker bag full and opposite side 65%-75% full. Suckgate and about 10.5 mph. Wakeplate at about 1/2. The pictures were before I really got it set up and don't even come close to doing justice. Just me, my wife, dad, and 1 year old daughter on the boat. It is an awesome wave thanks guys!

2007 Mobius LSV

Oh and here's the suckgate I built

2007 Mobius LSV

Sound like you're getting it dialed in. The LSV is a great surf boat but has to be set up right to really get the best out of it (you could say that for any hull though).
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all this great info and the pics on the upgrade chawkphil....I just got my upgrade kit and plan is to get it done this week and (hopefully) back in the water Saturday. Might be aggressive given work schedule and if I am missing parts ....but seems as though from your thread on this I should be ok. My initial main questions were pump mounting location and thru hull locations, so appreciate your pics for that...assume the pump locations worked with no issues? Also, dumb question I am sure, but did you change the routing on the vent lines which were reused from the old drain lines? Certainly looks good based on the wave. Thanks again!

Mark
    '06 Mobius LSV