Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Default 07 LSV surfing upgrades

Hey everyone. I have an 07 LSV and I'm looking to upgrade the ballast and possibly add tabs. I'm running the stock 400lbs in the rear and ski locker. The wave basically stinks! Seriously, I had a 2000 Tige 21V with no ballast that surfed better than this thing. Doesn't help my neighbor just bought a supreme s238 with the surf system. Rode behind that last week so now my boat is ruined until I can get a better wave.

I built a ghetto gate for it and it definitely helped but it's bulky and kind of a pain.

I've been all over wakemakers and I'm looking into ordering their upgraded pump system and 910lb bags for the rear. Anyone running this setup on an older LSV? How's the wake? Is it worth putting the money into it?

Also, I've been looking at adding some lenco tabs and actuators rather than fork out the small fortune for wakemakers surf system.

Any thoughts we be greatly appreciated!

Phil

I have nothing to compare boats to as last summer I learned how to surf by outfitting my 07 LSV with 1k sumo max in each locker, filling the center and 500 in the bow. full weight in front,center, and surf side, about 2/3 on non-surf side with the suckgate. I'm planning on doing the reversible pump upgrade in the next few weeks and had hoped to swap to a surf platform but that would run me another 1k+[quote is platform 650, non-skip 300 + tax, freight on top of that]. Others will chime in but its a solid platform to build off of in my opinion.
    Jeff
    2007 LSV - FAE, G4 setup with Sumo 500 IBS, 1k rear lockers

Quote Originally Posted by jelmhorst View Post
    I have nothing to compare boats to as last summer I learned how to surf by outfitting my 07 LSV with 1k sumo max in each locker, filling the center and 500 in the bow. full weight in front,center, and surf side, about 2/3 on non-surf side with the suckgate. I'm planning on doing the reversible pump upgrade in the next few weeks and had hoped to swap to a surf platform but that would run me another 1k+[quote is platform 650, non-skip 300 + tax, freight on top of that]. Others will chime in but its a solid platform to build off of in my opinion.
    Thanks for the reply and I'm glad to hear you've had pretty good results with what you've done to your boat! I was starting to worry the hull design just isn't fit for surfing. What are you using for a bow sack? I can't imagine how long it would take to fill 1000 bags with the stock system. I think I'm doing the reversible pump system first before anything else. My wife surfs goofy of course so switching sides is a pain. And her side is definitely better than regular side. I actually started surfing goofy just so I could ride the better wave!

Are you running the same suckgate that others are using here?

Who makes the surf platform you're looking at?

1100 rear surf side, 750 opposite side with suck gate, center 400 and 750 IBS full.

These guys have got you on the right path.

Just remember your LSV was designed as a wakeboard boat your making it surf

The Tige and Supreme are designed Surf boats that you can wakeboard behind lol
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    1100 rear surf side, 750 opposite side with suck gate, center 400 and 750 IBS full.

Now that is a good looking surf wave! Thanks for the info! Do you have any more info on your suckgate?

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    These guys have got you on the right path.

Just remember your LSV was designed as a wakeboard boat your making it surf

The Tige and Supreme are designed Surf boats that you can wakeboard behind lol
    The boarding wake is pretty nice but I'm getting too old to get beat up wakeboarding.
    FB_IMG_1488508099387.jpg

This about the best wave I've been able to get out of mine

Jeff - How do the Sumo 1k sacs fit in the lockers??? I've been looking to fill my lockers with the largest bag that will fit. BTW, didn't you have 750's before or am I wrong???
    twkoehn
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1100s in rear lockers
    750 lb IBS
    Acme 1847

Quote Originally Posted by chawkphil View Post
    The boarding wake is pretty nice but I'm getting too old to get beat up wakeboarding.
    FB_IMG_1488508099387.jpg

This about the best wave I've been able to get out of mine
    While we are spending your money, is a new life jacket in budget?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 Moomba Mobius LSV
    345 HP Surf Motor
    EXILE SXT9's, ZLD
    SUMO 900s, 500 IBS, Flow

2009 F-150 FX4 Supercrew

I run 2 750's with the opposite side at about 85%, center full and mini IBS that adds about 350. Usually have 6-8 people in the boat. With the suckgate deployed it surfs like crazy. Best part is it takes only a minute or two to switch sides. Top off the surf side, drain a little off the opposite side, move the gate and good to go.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!