Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Chawkphil, did they recommend check valves for the bags at all? Are you draining via the thruhull or above the waterline? Were you tying in the center and IBS? I'm getting ready to order all mine up and when I inquired about what all I might need they gave me a list with only the pump upgrade and 6 other connectors for the sumo bags. I was wanting to drain above the waterline so I had a visual indicator of when they were done and I think that involved check valves between the thruhull and pump or pump and bag? Can't remember which but curious as to what they've set you up with.
    Jeff
    2007 LSV - FAE, G4 setup with Sumo 500 IBS, 1k rear lockers

Quote Originally Posted by jelmhorst View Post
    Chawkphil, did they recommend check valves for the bags at all? Are you draining via the thruhull or above the waterline? Were you tying in the center and IBS? I'm getting ready to order all mine up and when I inquired about what all I might need they gave me a list with only the pump upgrade and 6 other connectors for the sumo bags. I was wanting to drain above the waterline so I had a visual indicator of when they were done and I think that involved check valves between the thruhull and pump or pump and bag? Can't remember which but curious as to what they've set you up with.
    No check valves so I will be draining below the water. Now that you mention it I may change that down the road but for now I'll see how this setup works. Everything just got here. I'm surprised it didn't come with a single bit of instruction. Would have been nice of them to recommend some pump mounting locations and hose routing. Oh well I probably wouldn't have read it anyways! Hopefully I'll get a chance to get started with the installation tomorrow but it will likely be Friday before I get time. I'll post some pics of the final product and hopefully get the boat on the water next week for a trial run!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    2007 Mobius LSV

Tow Vehicle 2003 F250 6.0 PSD

I would like to put this upgrade into my boat in the future. Any pictures or instructions you can provide from your installation would be greatly appreciated.
    twkoehn
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1100s in rear lockers
    750 lb IBS
    Acme 1847

Quote Originally Posted by chawkphil View Post
    No check valves so I will be draining below the water. Now that you mention it I may change that down the road but for now I'll see how this setup works. Everything just got here. I'm surprised it didn't come with a single bit of instruction. Would have been nice of them to recommend some pump mounting locations and hose routing. Oh well I probably wouldn't have read it anyways! Hopefully I'll get a chance to get started with the installation tomorrow but it will likely be Friday before I get time. I'll post some pics of the final product and hopefully get the boat on the water next week for a trial run!

The check valves allow you to completely drain the bags, not a big deal, but I suck my bags down flat to save on fuel costs. Search the forum, I've done this install many times as have others..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Somebody just asked the same question on the Supra forum. Asking about the global steps and time.

Should be on the General Section. I think the boat was a 20 or 21.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

On mounting pumps, Johnson or Jabsco, I'm pretty sure Wakemakers recommends mounting them with the brass-side (impeller) pointing down and the motor up.

I have mine mounted by the v-drive/tranny b/c there was more room. But if redid the install, I would try to have them by the transom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    1100 rear surf side, 750 opposite side with suck gate, center 400 and 750 IBS full.

what would you charge me to make one of those?
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    what would you charge me to make one of those?
    Here's a link to my post in the classifieds. https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....-gate-sale-150

Send me a PM if you want in and I'll get you the ordering info. Thanks!

Well got basically everything finished up today. I called wakemakers yesterday to clear a couple questions I had and they were a huge help. Just awesome customer service! There is supposed to be an instruction sheet included with the kit so they emailed that to me right away and answered my questions.
    Since I switched from the stock fly high sacs to the sumo sacs I needed fitting with 1" thread to replace the 3/4". They caught this when I ordered but sent me 4 1 inch thread to 1 inch quick connect. Since you reuse the 3/4 inch vent lines, I actually needed two 1 inch quick connect and two 3/4 inch. So they got those sent out to me.
    While I was talking to them I also decided check valves were a good idea to make sure the bags get emptied completely. It'll still drain below the wsater line this way but at least I know there won't be water left in the bags.
    Here's a few pictures of the install.

Installing the thru hull fittings. The middle one wound a bit closer to the factory supper than I wanted but it needed to be there in order to clear everything when threading on the ball valve. I have an extendable hood prop rod for working on cars that I used under the boat to hold the mushroom fittings in place while I tightened them up top. It worked out great as there are ribs inside the fittings that you can hold on to to keep the fitting from spinning while you tighten.

After the holes were drilled the rest was really simple. I ended up tapping into the factory distribution block under the dash. It's fed through a 50 amp breaker with what looks to be at least 6 gauge wire. The nominal draw on the pumps I 13amps so as long as I flip them on one at a time and don't just hit all 3 switches at once then this should allow for plenty of current for the pumps. If not I'll run some 4 gauge and a new breaker to a separate fuse panel like others have done.

This install is much cleaner than the factory mess under the dash!

I mounted the pumps up by the v drive. The pump for the front ballast on the bulkhead behind the rear seat and the two rear pumps on the panels just in front of the folding engine divider panels. Made wiring a plumbing very easy.

All the wiring as well as the 1 inch hose for the front bag was ran under the floor in the channel on the fuel tank. The old wiring harness and some zip ties made it easy to pull the new wiring through from behind the dash.

From there is was just cutting the rest of the hose to length and installing the quick connect fittings! A heat gun made getting the 1 inch hose installed over quick connects much easier! I initially used soapy water for lubrication but that wasn't necessary so I stopped using it. I also installed the engine divider panel reinforcements. The panels are tapered so I was only able to install the front 2 reinforcements on each side as they are too long for the rear of the panel when installed on the engine side. I'll cut the other 2 down so they'll fit later. The 1000lb bags seem to fit really well in the lockers. I'll take a picture when I fill them up at the lake

All told the install took about 6 hours. The kit from wakemakers was awesome and I'd do it again in a heartbeat! Can't wait to see how it performs on the water next week!

2007 Mobius LSV

Tow Vehicle 2003 F250 6.0 PSD