Quote Originally Posted by Hutch5 View Post
Thanks for all this great info and the pics on the upgrade chawkphil....I just got my upgrade kit and plan is to get it done this week and (hopefully) back in the water Saturday. Might be aggressive given work schedule and if I am missing parts ....but seems as though from your thread on this I should be ok. My initial main questions were pump mounting location and thru hull locations, so appreciate your pics for that...assume the pump locations worked with no issues? Also, dumb question I am sure, but did you change the routing on the vent lines which were reused from the old drain lines? Certainly looks good based on the wave. Thanks again!

Mark
So far the pump location has worked out great. Make sure you mount them with the impeller down and try to rout the lines so that loop upward from the pumps so that water naturally settles in the impellers. I've left my pumps running far too long a few times already and haven't had to replace an impeller yet. My neighbors pumps are mounted upside down and he's gone through several impellers already this season.

I did not cross the vent lines as the idea behind using a suckgate is having the boat fairly level vs listing it to either side. I haven't noticed any water running out of the vent lines while surfing so I don't see a need for it.

Good luck on the install! As I said in the thread the ibs is an absolute must and I'd go even heavier than 750lbs if I could. It makes all the difference. You will not regret doing this. It turns this small crossover boat into a legitimate surf boat.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk