Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Doing a quick google search and it seems like they push you towards the local dealer (rightfully so). My local dealer (Texas Ski Ranch/Texas Malibu) is great but I'd like to avoid the bill if this is something that can be done with basic mechanical skills.
    2009 Moomba LSV

Sounds about right. Larry is good about what to try first, second, third.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

If you send Engine Nut a PM he will respond with a troubleshooting list.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

So good and bad news. Good news is the wires and plugs fixed the acceleration issue. Bad news is the check engine light came back on and the vdrive light never went off. Also, au idle the voltage gauge was around 14 but with acceleration it would go up to 16+! I'm pretty sure the voltage gauge is accurate because at key on its low 12s.

Could a bad alternator cause a spike in voltage with acceleration leading to check engine light?
    2009 Moomba LSV

V-drive has an oil pressure switch on the right side that are know to fail. Short the 2 wires together to prove out the v-drive light goes out. Doesn't sound like an alternator problem but you might want to put a charger on your battery.
    2005 Mobius LSV
    325 EFI

Quote Originally Posted by VA LSV View Post
    V-drive has an oil pressure switch on the right side that are know to fail. Short the 2 wires together to prove out the v-drive light goes out. Doesn't sound like an alternator problem but you might want to put a charger on your battery.
    Funny, I just did that. Definitely the vdrive sensor. Makes me happy knocking this stuff off slowly but surely. Batteries were charged before I went out, still reading around 12.7 and both are less than a few months old. I guess next time hey my wife to drive so I can check voltage at different spots.
    2009 Moomba LSV

Shouldn't I have a 90a alternator since it's a 2009? Read somewhere that in 09 all indmar was 90a and the one I pulled wadso 70a.20170306_094510.jpg

Edit: looks like that was cat 340 not the assault 325
    Last edited by _fng_; 03-06-2017 at 12:27 PM.
    2009 Moomba LSV

You don't need ot drive the boat to test max output of the alternator.

Just get the engine to 2K RPM even at no engine load the alternator will max output. Just needs 2K RPM

You should never see over 14V at the alternator, if its going to 16+ you have a bag regulator in the alternator and it can burn up a lot of electronics in the boat over time.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    You don't need ot drive the boat to test max output of the alternator.

Just get the engine to 2K RPM even at no engine load the alternator will max output. Just needs 2K RPM

You should never see over 14V at the alternator, if its going to 16+ you have a bag regulator in the alternator and it can burn up a lot of electronics in the boat over time.
    Thanks for the reply!

Took it to a alternator shop yesterday and they stated the bearings were going but couldn't test the voltage regulator due to not having the wire harness? Anyways, dB electrical had an exact replacement for 66 and it'll be here Thursday. Fingers crossed!

Got an email out to lenco to troubleshoot the wake plate.
    2009 Moomba LSV

You really need to get with someone that has a scan tool. ROM limited to 2000 might just be an issue that is causing the ECM to limit the RPM to avoid damaging something.

You have a throttle by wire system so the TPS is part of the throttle body and is not replaceable. Bad TPS on this engine most likely would not limit RPM anyway. Are you sure that the cruise control is off. We have seen instances where someone accidentally set the cruise at a low RPM which prevented acceleration ... it is worth a look. If that is not it ... get the engine scanned.
    Larry Engelbert
    Indmar Marine Engines
    "Power to the Sport"