Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Engine Nut View Post
    You really need to get with someone that has a scan tool. ROM limited to 2000 might just be an issue that is causing the ECM to limit the RPM to avoid damaging something.

You have a throttle by wire system so the TPS is part of the throttle body and is not replaceable. Bad TPS on this engine most likely would not limit RPM anyway. Are you sure that the cruise control is off. We have seen instances where someone accidentally set the cruise at a low RPM which prevented acceleration ... it is worth a look. If that is not it ... get the engine scanned.
    The Engine Nut has spoken . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Engine Nut View Post
    You really need to get with someone that has a scan tool. ROM limited to 2000 might just be an issue that is causing the ECM to limit the RPM to avoid damaging something.

You have a throttle by wire system so the TPS is part of the throttle body and is not replaceable. Bad TPS on this engine most likely would not limit RPM anyway. Are you sure that the cruise control is off. We have seen instances where someone accidentally set the cruise at a low RPM which prevented acceleration ... it is worth a look. If that is not it ... get the engine scanned.
    Thanks for the insight, I've followed your advice on the mc forum as well. The acceleration issue was resolved with new plugs and wires but check engine light returned. The check engine light returned after being on the boat afew minutes and the voltage gauge read 16+ when accelerating. Got a new alternator in and hoping it was the voltage regulator otherwise she'll go in to the shop Tuesday.

Edit: yes the cruise was off.
    Last edited by _fng_; 03-09-2017 at 10:01 PM.
    2009 Moomba LSV

Since this is my b*tching thread, I'd add a few other issues i'm working on. The wake plate doesn't work (lenco electric 5 lobe) and the wake plate gauge pegs with turning on the blower or trying to move the "blinker". I checked the connections at the blinker and they were secure; tried to check voltage but it's too tight of a squeeze. I'm hoping a ground is loose somewhere but quick poking around didn't reveal anything.

Also, the horn doesn't work and when pushing it there is clicking sound at the push in circuit breaker but the breaker isn't tripped (nothing pushed out) but with blower on the clicking noise goes away when pushing the horn button. Another weird thing present, when turning on the blower the nav light switch lights up and comes on. Please let this be an easy wiring issue!!!
    2009 Moomba LSV

New alternator fixed voltage gauge and check engine light! My ol man stated that voltage regulators rarely go out but guess that was the case.

Next thing, wake plate/gauge and dash issues.
    2009 Moomba LSV

Any idea what this potentiometer is for? Googgling it gives me little information. It's under the dash and has a nozzle that can be rotated back and forth, speedo calibration, wake plate? 20170311_144614.jpg

Guess it's for the speedometer. Nozzle must be to fine tune?
    Last edited by _fng_; 03-11-2017 at 10:25 PM.
    2009 Moomba LSV

Yup, calibrates the speedo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by _fng_ View Post
    Also, the horn doesn't work and when pushing it there is clicking sound at the push in circuit breaker but the breaker isn't tripped (nothing pushed out) but with blower on the clicking noise goes away when pushing the horn button. Another weird thing present, when turning on the blower the nav light switch lights up and comes on. Please let this be an easy wiring issue!!!
    Sounds like a floating ground. When you turn on your blower, you provide a path to ground for the other circuits although not a very good ground going through a motor. Run a new ground wire or locate the bad connection either an open connection or a high resistance connection. You're getting there.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    Sounds like a floating ground. When you turn on your blower, you provide a path to ground for the other circuits although not a very good ground going through a motor. Run a new ground wire or locate the bad connection either an open connection or a high resistance connection. You're getting there.
    Thanks for the help and encouragement. I'm going to convince my electrician neighbor that a case of beer is worth his assistance!
    2009 Moomba LSV