Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default '09 Indmar assault issues

Greetings, unfortunately I'm having some issues and wanted to get some advice. The boat ('09 moomba lsv) is not getting above 2k rpm and not past approx 10 mph and the transmission light stays on past 1200.

So far I have tried to address things that I could think of including: fuel filter, cap and rotor, changed vdrive oil, added heet (thought possibly old fuel w/ water). Next step is changing plugs and wires (have both on, haven't water tested yet). If this doesn't help then I'll probably grab a fuel pressure tester to rule out fuel pump.

The previous owner's mechanic suggested seeing if the throttle body opened with key on, engine off and it did not. He hasn't gotten back to me to suggest what this means but I'm guessing throttle position sensor but I can't find it! On the throttle body is something that I'm not sure (left side of picture, took it off and is gears) and I read that the tps is by the throttle cable but still can't find it.

Anyways, if you guys have any suggestions I'd greatly appreciate it as I hate to continue to throw (non routine tune ups) parts on the boat hoping it will fix.

Also, since this thread is here. The wake plate isn't working, checked connections on the "blinker" and looked fine but see no fluid reservoir in the engine compartment by the ski pylon. Also, the gauge moves with different toggles being pushed. Guessing wiring issue but looking under dash is a bit intimidating. Overall getting kind of frustrated with my new boat

Quote Originally Posted by _fng_ View Post
    Also, since this thread is here. The wake plate isn't working, checked connections on the "blinker" and looked fine but see no fluid reservoir in the engine compartment by the ski pylon. Also, the gauge moves with different toggles being pushed. Guessing wiring issue but looking under dash is a bit intimidating. Overall getting kind of frustrated with my new boat
    edit: looks like the newer wake plates are electronic, didn't see the year for transfer to electric vs hydraulic.

Had a similar experience with a friends LSV where the engine wouldn't rev and a new set of plugs was the cure.
    2005 Mobius LSV
    325 EFI

Quote Originally Posted by _fng_ View Post
    Greetings, unfortunately I'm having some issues and wanted to get some advice. The boat ('09 moomba lsv) is not getting above 2k rpm and not past approx 10 mph and the transmission light stays on past 1200.

So far I have tried to address things that I could think of including: fuel filter, cap and rotor, changed vdrive oil, added heet (thought possibly old fuel w/ water). Next step is changing plugs and wires (have both on, haven't water tested yet). If this doesn't help then I'll probably grab a fuel pressure tester to rule out fuel pump.

The previous owner's mechanic suggested seeing if the throttle body opened with key on, engine off and it did not. He hasn't gotten back to me to suggest what this means but I'm guessing throttle position sensor but I can't find it! On the throttle body is something that I'm not sure (left side of picture, took it off and is gears) and I read that the tps is by the throttle cable but still can't find it.

Anyways, if you guys have any suggestions I'd greatly appreciate it as I hate to continue to throw (non routine tune ups) parts on the boat hoping it will fix.

Your Throttle position sensor is on the left with the Pink clip on the plug.
    Trans light on until above 1200RPM is normal.
    Can you rev the engine past 2K RPM? If so then your TPS is most likely working fine but you can still voltage test it to make sure the 0-100 is working.
    I cant recall the actual Voltages but 5V should be 100% open you can google how to test it if you need some pointers.

If the engine will not rev above 2K then I would suspect your position sensor.

If could be a fuel filter problem, it could be bad fuel. most likely not low fuel pressure mainly due to the engine looks for this pressure on startup but could be an issue, not ruling it out.

When you try to accurate past 2K what happens? Nothing, stutters, losses power?
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Thanks for the replibs! VA LSV, I've got new plugs and wires in but haven't water tested yet.

Mmandley, in neutral the engine will exceed 2k rpm and sound normal. In gear, the throttle gets to 2k rpms at a normal time (1/4-1/3 throttle down?) But beyond that no change in speed with some mild hesitation.

I'll water test after plugs and wires tomorrow and have a fuel pressure gauge ready if need be. I was wondering if the vdrive light past 1200 rpm could limit rpms? Like send it in limp mode?

Ohhh I miss read that, I thought trans light was on until 1200 not past it.

Deff look into why the trans light is on.

The engine does have limp mode for certain reasons
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=11376

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    I saw that too (i've been on the internet searching for answers the past week much to the displeasure of my wife) but the two TPS i bought (1991 and 1999 c1500 as i read both are matches) but neither are close to the tps on my throttle body. Any insight on where this type of tps can be bought?
    2009 Moomba LSV

Did you try to call Indmar?
    There is a guy that posts on here, Larry @ Indmar, aka Engine Nut.
    He probably has forgotten more then I will ever know about those motors.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400