My Moomba Lives in Eagle River, WI - We Live in Chicago

Default Impeller Question for Pumps on my 2014 LSV ...

With 70 degree weather here in Chicago last week, my mind is already drifting towards Spring and getting the boat back on the water (although with 5" of snow in N. Wisconsin this weekend it likely won't be until Memorial Day...). This will be our 4th season with our LSV, and I'm thinking that I should have some spare impeller parts on hand (we've not had any problems so far with our pumps). I want to order some spare impellers from Wakemakers, but I want to make sure to get the right ones. I see 3 different impellers (purple, orange and green), but what's the best advice for replacing what came as stock on my 2014 LSV?

Thanks for your suggestions!

Green or orange, same thing different brand so whichever is cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by North Woods Mobius View Post
    With 70 degree weather here in Chicago last week, my mind is already drifting towards Spring and getting the boat back on the water (although with 5" of snow in N. Wisconsin this weekend it likely won't be until Memorial Day...). This will be our 4th season with our LSV, and I'm thinking that I should have some spare impeller parts on hand (we've not had any problems so far with our pumps). I want to order some spare impellers from Wakemakers, but I want to make sure to get the right ones. I see 3 different impellers (purple, orange and green), but what's the best advice for replacing what came as stock on my 2014 LSV?

Thanks for your suggestions!
    What pumps?

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    What pumps?

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    I wish knew ... these are the stock pumps that came with my 2014 LSV when I bought it new, but I can't check as it's laid up in winter storage 300 miles away up at the lake! I'll have to call the dealer this week and ask to get a copy of the build sheet (which is ALSO 300 miles away at our lake home!)

Green orange, you have the same as my 13 Mojo but it's actually still on factory impellers. I got three as spares never used one yet lol
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

word of advise, remove the pump assemble from the boat and take over to a bench, those O rings are a pain to get back in place and will leak like crazy
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Green was the first replacement on the market, then orange came after that. Different manufacturer.
    One is $24 (on sale) the other is $29. Not really a big difference if you have to buy 3.
    Either one is better if you have the orig black impeller - if your boat has those.

There is no difference in performance. People have called Wakemakers on the phone. There was an older thread about this.

The orange is compatible on both pumps. From the site:
    Impeller Part # Cross References
    Replaces Jabsco 6303-0001, Johnson Pump 09-824P-1, CEF 500110, Oberdorfer 7482
    Pump Part # Cross References
    This part is a direct replacement for the impeller in any Johnson Ultra Ballast Pump or Jabsco Ballast Puppy pump that begins with 18220, including: 18220-1123, 18670-0123 and 18670-6127

Green has the same notes, You can get the green with a new 0-ring and lube. Different part #. More $.
    Wakemakers NOTE: The Jabsco Green Ballast Impeller is also the replacement upgrade impeller for the Johnson Ultra Ballast Reversible Pump. Jabsco Ballast Puppy Impellers have been confirmed compatible with Johnson Ultra Ballast Pumps.

Pick your favorite color, no one will ever see it but you. I purchased Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    word of advise, remove the pump assemble from the boat and take over to a bench, those O rings are a pain to get back in place and will leak like crazy
    I take the impellers out each year. I do not remove the pump from the boat b/c I would have to cut wires when installing them back.

My original Johnson pumps had the black impellers.

Also, do not crank-down on the little brass screws. They can leak when you do not get the o-ring set properly. I've used a little vasoline to hold in place when I tighten the brass screws.

Super, thanks guys. I just went to Wakemakers and bought a few goodies for the boat. In addition to an extra Green impeller (on sale!) and an impeller service kit, I also picked up a set of engine divider panel savers as we upgraded to 900's last summer. Now I have wait 'till May to get the boat back on the water....