Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What kind of wet suit are you wearing when the water temp is 35-40"?

Just like the title says.. What should i be sporting? Last year when i started, the water temp was similar but it was 60" outside so it wasn't too bad. I was just wearing a 3mm wet suit, no hood gloves or footies. Anyone else surfing in this type of weather???

I would only recommend a dry suit. With dive rescue in the Tricities we are in the water all year long and you can pile the thermals on or shed them when the water warms up. If you are only wake surfing then I'd recommend getting the boots built into the suit then you only have to be concerned about are your hands and face.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

I think you can skate on it when it's that cold, can't you?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Anything below 55 degree water to me is drysuit, neoprene to me below that is useless. The coldest I'll do even a drysuit though comfortably is 45. Below that and I'll wait til it warms up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Drysuit only!!!!
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    I would only recommend a dry suit. With dive rescue in the Tricities we are in the water all year long and you can pile the thermals on or shed them when the water warms up. If you are only wake surfing then I'd recommend getting the boots built into the suit then you only have to be concerned about are your hands and face.
    Any recommendations as far as dry suits go? I've never really looked into them. Also, I'm in Hermiston Oregon and you know as well as I do it takes the Columbia awhile to warm up. Anywhere in Tri cities to pick one up for not an arm and a leg more i could find something online?

Wakemakers has a dry suit on sale for $339 or something like that. Use the forum discount and it should be more like $300 with free shipping...
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Most people on here who have them including myself have the O'Neil boost. I absolutely love it and call it a game changer. It added over 2 months to my season! Right now it is 382 on wakemakers and with discount more like 340. Get it and don't look back.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsask View Post
    Wakemakers has a dry suit on sale for $339 or something like that. Use the forum discount and it should be more like $300 with free shipping...
    Quote Originally Posted by jtatexc View Post
    Most people on here who have them including myself have the O'Neil boost. I absolutely love it and call it a game changer. It added over 2 months to my season! Right now it is 382 on wakemakers and with discount more like 340. Get it and don't look back.

Thank you guys for the help! I'm ordering one tonight. Last year we were sporting wet suits in April and didn't have an issue. I feel like this will add a month or two to our season as well, even though it already starts a couple months earlier than most people around here!

Not sure if the ninja boots they sell work with a dry suit, but I picked some up to go with my wetsuit. They look to be great quality and will be a life saver in that cold water.
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.