Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    I try to not even go outside if the air is that temp...yall are nuts!
    go dry suit. i prefer a baggy suit to put layers on underneath. never loan it out. others seem to always rip the seals out. and don't U in the dry suit.

was a bit cool saturday (-9!) so i worked on my stalactites.

turns were great then as well as again today. lake should open up wednesday so we can get the boat out too.
    19 Mondo
    08 LSV, forever loved

Just scored and picked up a NSF wet suit for $100 bucks on craigslist. Thing hasn't ever been used! https://kpr.craigslist.org/for/6002670347.html

I'm getting the boat ready this Tuesday and going out next Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    I try to not even go outside if the air is that temp...yall are nuts!
    This.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brandoncyruss View Post
    Any recommendations as far as dry suits go? I've never really looked into them. Also, I'm in Hermiston Oregon and you know as well as I do it takes the Columbia awhile to warm up. Anywhere in Tri cities to pick one up for not an arm and a leg more i could find something online?
    as mentioned, wakemakers online. or if you get to portland, hit up Active Water Sports. they actually have some pretty damn good prices on their drysuits. I use gloves made for paddling. NRS is the company. mine are maybe only 2 or 3 mil, but kept my hands fine in 36 degree water. They have seals on them so your hands stay pretty dry in the gloves. I have booties too for surfing. For wakeboarding, I have closed toe bindings, so I was able to manage without anything on my feet. however, a 1mil neoprene sock would have been nice and probably still fit. My slalom ski bindings are open toed, so I've only used them in temps in the 50s.

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    Is there a reason these dry suits don't come with boots built in if your only wake surfing as that suit almost looks identical to the one I use for dive rescue except for the boots. I have a swift water dry suit and it is nice to just throw on a pair of wool socks and not worry about cold feet. The boots may be too clunky as they are like short rubber boots.

Some of maintenance on dry suits are: hang them up to dry, baby powder the gaskets and wax the zipper.

Avoid cotton undergarments. The thin insulating top and bottoms from Costco work well and a layer of fleece when it gets real cold.
    Probably because everyone's foot sizes are different (I wear a size 7 shoe and wouldn't want boots that could accomodate a 14). And if my drysuit had built in boots, I couldn't use it wakeboarding or skiing. That alone would make me not buy one with integrated boots.

When I surf, I do use booties, but I lose a lot of feel to the board. it's better than not surfing, but I sure wouldn't want any thicker bootie soles than I have right now, like the people with 5 mil booties
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Found the boost suits on eBay for 250ish. Wakemakers is pushing $400

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 LSV Red/White

1100lb upgrades in each rear locker!
    Stock 500 Bow ballast
    650IBS
    Manual Flow equipped

Boards
    Hyperlite Hi-Fi "The Illest"
    CWB AMG Carbon
    Phase 5 Razz