Thread: New 2016 Craz

Default New 2016 Craz

Hey guys. First post but I've been reading for months. I purchased a new 2016 Craz last fall and pickup in April. A few items I would love your advice on as this is my first Moomba (first non I/O actually).

1. Anyone install 3M paint protection? Worth it to avoid sun damage?

2. Anyone add skirts to the boat cover for protection? Worth it? Cost, pain?

3. Any advice on lowering the tower with people in boat before pulling into boat lift (aluminum with canopy). Seems like a pain and I don't want to damage the boat.

Thanks!2016craz.jpg
    Last edited by xbrandloyal; 03-05-2017 at 03:57 PM.

Default New 2016 Craz

Sweet boat! Don't have answers on first two questions. Third though is going to be a problem. The tower will be in the way of driver. It can be done but will be challenging. Do you need it down for clearance in slip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

Yes. My boat lift canopy unless I can jack it up high enough where I don't have to lower it yet then my boat will be even more exposed. Thus my questions above. If I jack it up for the tower to clear then I want to protect the boat. Thx!

Quote Originally Posted by xbrandloyal View Post
    Hey guys.

1. Anyone install 3M paint protection? Worth it to avoid sun damage?

2. Anyone add skirts to the boat cover for protection? Worth it? Cost, pain?

3. Any advice on lowering the tower with people in boat before pulling into boat lift (aluminum with canopy). Seems like a pain and I don't want to damage the boat.

2016craz.jpg
    1. Not heard of anyone using 3M. There was a recent thread of someone putting a spray on clear coating. No waxing necessary. Costs a few $$$.

2. There was a thread on wakeworld forum about someone putting skirts on the sides of the boat when it was sitting on a lift. Custom made from a canvas shop. Matched the cover. Made of ?sunbrella or other boat cover fabric. It looked nice.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Here is the coating:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=28871

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by xbrandloyal View Post
    Yes. My boat lift canopy unless I can jack it up high enough where I don't have to lower it yet then my boat will be even more exposed. Thus my questions above. If I jack it up for the tower to clear then I want to protect the boat. Thx!
    Would half way down work? Design something that holds tower at half way point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

I think I understand your situation with the canopy and lift.
    However, just think how nice it would be to never have to lower your tower. That is what you should be shooting for if you are going to start changing the height of the canopy. Then you can get other devices such as the side skirts on the cover or canopy to protect the boat.
    2015 Mojo Surf Edition
    1100 rear lockers
    400+ under each rear seat
    700 stock center
    950 ibs
    autoflow 2.0 surf tab upgrade
    FAE

Thanks all. Agree. If I can move the canopy up then I'lll purchase a canopy skirt and be done. If not I'll have some "fun" until I can find a better solution. Can't wait.