Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Subwoofer Install

Seen several mentions of sub placement, sub box setup, etc floating around in different threads.

In an effort to pull together the options different people are using, post up pics and details of your install.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

My boat went to Earmark Marine for the sub install because I was looking for a properly ported box, which was just out of dusty and my knowledge base.

Ported box, built to spec, for Wetsounds XXX. Since we used the factory facade for the amp rack, a new one was made out of starboard and attached to the front of the box. We did not go back with carpet.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

This is the box I am putting under the helm,of my Craz. Test fitted it and it's going to work out perfect

https://www.vminnovations.com/Produc...hkTBoChDzw_wcB

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    This is the box I am putting under the helm,of my Craz. Test fitted it and it's going to work out perfect

https://www.vminnovations.com/Produc...hkTBoChDzw_wcB

I looked at that box but opted to make my own to get a bit more volume out of it and save 100 bucks but I noticed decent reviews on that box

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I got mine on sale for about $130. I figure it's tuned for that subwoofer and looks better than the kits boxes you can buy from Walmart etc, so why not. My buddy has the same woofer, but previous generation, in a generic "truck box" of roughly the same size in his LSV and it sounds great!

2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    I got mine on sale for about $130. I figure it's tuned for that subwoofer and looks better than the kits boxes you can buy from Walmart etc, so why not. My buddy has the same woofer, but previous generation, in a generic "truck box" of roughly the same size in his LSV and it sounds great!

I love the sub. I have it mated to a jl audio 500/1 and sounds great. I don't need anymore than that since I always have my critters out and tune most of the noise to the tower anyways

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Currently in process of making custom box for a KM10. Shallow mount truck boxes didn't offer enough volume and I wanted to stay away from COTS box that were too deep, taking away feet space, or wouldn't hold up to marine enviro. For those who have made their own, and went with another option than carpet, what were the choices? I've got initial thoughts about a DIY Rhino lining or similar.
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

COTS - only other people I have heard use that term are people that are involved in defense acquisition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

3/4 mdf box that I rhino lined myself and then carpeted. I put 1" worth of acrylic runners on each end on the bottom to lift the box off the floor should any water pool under it. did the same in the supra and 5 years later no issues. thinking I'll get the same out of this box. cut a panel to fit on the front and screwed it to the front of the box after carpeting it. grill was a few weeks later. made a removable panel to hide all the wiring behind but it wasn't installed yet.

'06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I'll have to get an actual picture and add to this thread. What I have in My Supra is something similar to this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-ROCKFORD...-/182371960423

it is mounted up under the dash in a way that you cannot see the sub unless you are looking for it. Actually sounds good with all the Polk speakers in the boat.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig