Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Subwoofer Install

Seen several mentions of sub placement, sub box setup, etc floating around in different threads.

In an effort to pull together the options different people are using, post up pics and details of your install.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

My boat went to Earmark Marine for the sub install because I was looking for a properly ported box, which was just out of dusty and my knowledge base.

Ported box, built to spec, for Wetsounds XXX. Since we used the factory facade for the amp rack, a new one was made out of starboard and attached to the front of the box. We did not go back with carpet.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    My boat went to Earmark Marine for the sub install because I was looking for a properly ported box, which was just out of dusty and my knowledge base.

Ported box, built to spec, for Wetsounds XXX. Since we used the factory facade for the amp rack, a new one was made out of starboard and attached to the front of the box. We did not go back with carpet.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
    Does that box just drop in or does it get fastened down to something?
    2016 Moomba Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by loc82 View Post
    Does that box just drop in or does it get fastened down to something?
    It had feet added and then screwed down to the floor. I believe it was also fastened on more than 1 side.
    2016 Moomba Mojo

Default Subwoofer Install

This is the box I am putting under the helm,of my Craz. Test fitted it and it's going to work out perfect

https://www.vminnovations.com/Produc...hkTBoChDzw_wcB

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    This is the box I am putting under the helm,of my Craz. Test fitted it and it's going to work out perfect

I looked at that box but opted to make my own to get a bit more volume out of it and save 100 bucks but I noticed decent reviews on that box

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post

Please let me know how this works out and sounds! I'm looking for a cheap and easy sub to add to my obv this spring. Thanks!
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

I have a pair of Infinity Reference 1060W 10" subs. they are single voice coil 4ohms, so 2 ohm load to the PPI 1000.1 amp.
    Subs have the frosted 3/8" tubing with blue LED strips inside them (1 led per CM so a more uniform look to the rings). I kept the polk speaker grills and have LED angel eye rings illuminating the cones of the subs.

The box is mounted to the stock footrest on my 2008 XLV, so I'm on the low end for airspace (it's the shape of a wedge) but I will be compensating the next time I open it up with some polyfill.

Last edited by trayson; 03-10-2017 at 05:16 PM.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I REALLY like the dual side-by-side W7s on the silver/red baffle in the Moomba! Hertz me just lookin' at it. I like the symmetry (same orientation, same plane) better than one under-dash and one in the pass-thru. Plus, I like all subwoofers originating from within the confines of the cockpit. But not sure how all that enclosure fit. Great job.

Also, a single JL Audio 13W7 driven by an HD750/1 per each voice coil is a bad hombre. Will separate the marrow from the bone.

Thanks, the mojo has significantly more room under the dash than any other boat I've seen. If you are willing to relocate the heater you could hide a large body under there.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"